Straumann P40-New Model X-Pro Resins

S

StefCad

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just bought the new Straumann resin Model X after they have decided to remove the Pro model beige for some reason but I have encountered some issues with this new resin. All the crowns don't fit the models but somehow fit the dies ( some do, some don't). I have tried at the moment a few other options like changing the support width, cleaning the tank, the glass, the lenses. And for some reason the contacts looks tighter than they should be. Do you guys have any idea what to door anyone encountered this issue?

H

Holmes1722

Reaction score
same issue. any further forward?

S

StefCad

Reaction score
Nope, I did not get a solution for this yet. We are thinking now to get a sprintray

H

Holmes1722

Reaction score
We just changed as well. Use the straumann design software and the p40 printer.
Trying to correct our check models 1st before fixing our implant models. We print check one piece check models and they are way out. The crowns don't fit at all. Too tight.
Prepped a stone model and milled a temp crown. Scanned the model and printed and the crown fit is not even close. Will keep you posted what our solution is

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
I would never buy any equipment from Straumann.
Agreed. We ended up with a Straumann P30+ and it's basically a paperweight now because of the poor support provided by Straumann. They got remote access over a weekend to try updating the firmware, and the Z-axis has never moved since. They immediately began blaming us and claiming they couldn't provide support until we had done X Y Z things that were not previously a barrier or issue. Straumann support is basically a nonstarter for equipnment purchasing now.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Over 20+ years, Straumann has demonstrated to me over and over again that they make an excellent implant and they don't care about anything else. They use their sales people to pressure doctors into using their substandard abutment solutions. Their DME's don't work well with 3Shape(see angled screw channel ti bases). Their solution for an angled screw channel bridge is a milled Cr-Co frame. The design on their printed model analogs is terrible and hasn't been updated in almost 10 years. I can't even imagine what their support must be like on any equipment they sell.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
I can't even imagine what their support must be like on any equipment they sell.
Everybody kept saying "oof, good luck" when they found out we didn't get a normal rapidshape, but the one with Straumann badging that makes you reliant on Straumann for everything. And you know what? They were right. Maybe the second-worst support from a vendor I've experienced, and the first-worst one was bad enough that I basically can't talk about for legal reasons.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm with Brett on this one...can't fkn stand Straumann at all. Great implant but there sales weasels, support, milling center all blow!!! I won't use there milling center ever, a complete utter joke every time I had to deal with it. Noticed they came out with a new implant recently as well...of course, no custom options yet that i've found. Straumann TLC/TLX. Enough said.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
The dental business is just full of false promises.
It's amazing that these companies are as big as they are.

CAD-CAM Jedi

CAD-CAM Jedi

Reaction score
Agreed. We ended up with a Straumann P30+ and it's basically a paperweight now because of the poor support provided by Straumann. They got remote access over a weekend to try updating the firmware, and the Z-axis has never moved since. They immediately began blaming us and claiming they couldn't provide support until we had done X Y Z things that were not previously a barrier or issue. Straumann support is basically a nonstarter for equipnment purchasing now.
Let me know if there is any interest in selling your P30. Serious inquiry lol. I like the printer, but then again, I am only using it for guides. Using other printers for everything else.

H

Holmes1722

Reaction score
Anyone have knowledge of shrinkage and offset settings on netfab for specific resins?