Staub Cranial

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
In my opinion, and this is just my opinion. If you have time to do your own lab work as a dentist you are doing something wrong. In most cases it takes them at least twice the time to do what we do and not as good of a product. As for in house labs I guess that can be good, but from drs who I have talked to about it, it ends up costing more than just paying a lab bill. One dentist was paying his in house lab person 60 K a year plus bennies and you add in the cost of materials and that gets pretty expensive not to mention all of the other expenses of haveing a employee.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Did I read it right that he charges 6K for a set of those marvelous dentures?
Also I seem to remember he graduated in 08.....
GOD, sometimes this industry drives me to drink...........

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
In my opinion, and this is just my opinion. If you have time to do your own lab work as a dentist you are doing something wrong. In most cases it takes them at least twice the time to do what we do and not as good of a product. As for in house labs I guess that can be good, but from drs who I have talked to about it, it ends up costing more than just paying a lab bill. One dentist was paying his in house lab person 60 K a year plus bennies and you add in the cost of materials and that gets pretty expensive not to mention all of the other expenses of haveing a employee.
Well I know a prosthodontist who thinks he's god's gift and wont permit a lab to do it because they "always get it wrong". You know the type. I tried working with him for a while on RPD frame and he turned out to be one of those typical clueless types that hides behind the clouds of mount Olympus and decrees from on high, GOOD RIDDANCE! After that I stopped taking on prosthodontists at all because they refuse basic instruction. Not worth the effort. Can't tell them that if they got off their high horse and actually WORKED with a lab they just might become profitable, the dumbassery just never stops with them. i think they get the certificate just to "win" all the arguments...

Yes, generally speaking having an in-house lab is not a cost saver... but for the right clinic it is the opportunity to fabricate work on a quality scale and time frame not possible with a commercial set up. For those that have vision, it can be the pinnacle, from my point of view it can be hard on the technician because of interruptions and the dreaded office politics...

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Did I read it right that he charges 6K for a set of those marvelous dentures?
Also I seem to remember he graduated in 08.....
GOD, sometimes this industry drives me to drink...........

If he does and delivers that kind of denture then have mercy on his soul.... Just think where he would be if delivered spot on top notch at that price????

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
They are also so disrespectful of the edentulous patients they treat.

Very sad..

I just read the posts on the poligrip thread.... hard to envision treating people with such disregard for the issues they have to live with.

J

JSTAUBTRAINER

Reaction score
Staub Cranial Support Forum

I started a new forum for Staub Cranial users. It is a new way for the Staub community to support eachother. We are going to be rolling out a Rewards Program for participation. Check it out; its under the removable section.
Thank You!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
So does that leave only Billy to tell us anything?

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQFEY9RIRJA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQFEY9RIRJA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
It looks like you just started a new thread. You should check with Travis about developing a forum. Then you could have multiple threads and even sub catagories. One for removable and one for fixed (I thought you said it had fixed applications)

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I know this is off topic, but I just said no to renewing Spectrum/ Dialogue... all they seem interested in as a topic is CAD CAM zirconium. Is anyone else feeling like the original wow got lost when the magazine sold?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I think Brian's got it.... I can't can't wait for all the excited Staub users to get loud 'cause they sure seem awfully quiet right now. The whole point was to help us grasp the rubber meets the road realities of a "transformational" technology, but its biggest potential advocate starts another forum so the users can talk amongst themselves... or am I mis-interpreting again.

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
I know this is off topic, but I just said no to renewing Spectrum/ Dialogue... all they seem interested in as a topic is CAD CAM zirconium. Is anyone else feeling like the original wow got lost when the magazine sold?

I renewed mine; reluctantly.. I do know what you mean.. Did you catch the article on Gradia? They really need to bring the bar up a bit...

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
No kidding. And is it just me or do all the bar overdenture and fixed detachable cases end up looking like how many crowns can a c&b lab cement on something and call it a denture? I'm not saying its not elegant and all, but I'd hate to be the poor slob who just dropped 45K worth of ANYTHING in the sink.
Retrievability and repairability my ass. It'll still bankrupt the patient.
Don't even get me started on the full arch screw retained zirconium stuff.

Kreyer

Kreyer

Reaction score
Kenneth,

The best philosophy in prosthetic dentistry is to follow the rule of K.I.S.S.

Evaluate and reduce the variables down to a simple and predictable technique.

"Keep It Simple Stupid" or Keep it Simple Staub?????

Rob

J

JSTAUBTRAINER

Reaction score
You guys act like you love me, then you hate me....make up your mind. Lol- The new thread I started is for Staub Cranial Certified Labs and Denturists. It is a way to strengthen our Staub Base, and open up the lines of communications for technical support. We started a rewards program for the Staub labs that participate. It is just a way to get our Staub Labs talking. There are over 100 labs/denturists using the system in the US and over 1000 worldwide. They each have something special to add to the technology. This is a worldwide effort to get our group confident and loud. I think you can understand and appreciate this. This forum I am currently on, I feel, is more for individuals who are still on the fence with this technology. I have just made another resource for those who already have it. I’m not cheating on this thread, no worries. You will always be my first........:p

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Well, gee now I feel like you owe me dinner.

J

JSTAUBTRAINER

Reaction score
Lol...I tried to meet up with anyone from this group in Chicago. I even offered free beers. Ironically, the only person I met up with was Billy.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Well if you're in Chitown next year I'll take you up on a beer. I didn't make it off the rock this year.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
I didn't make it to Chicago. Too scarry. The only white stuff we like to see on the ground is cotton...and that's in August.

B

billydte

Reaction score
Take all the free beers you can get in Chicago, its to expensive to get drunk on your own dime!