sprueing emax...

chrisjones89

chrisjones89

Reaction score
i always get dark grey spots where i have sprued my emax. i believe this is a common problem.
i try to hide it by sprueing lingually if possible but when it comes to veneers it can't be hid. any ideas?
thanks.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
You've got to sprue from the incisal edge pointing straight down towards the margin. The dark areas are the result of the crystalline structures laying perpendicular to the otherwise vertical crystals. Think of tree logs all positioned the same way but they are not in alignment at the sprue area. The light is not refracted the same.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What size is your sprue rod? It makes a difference is why I ask and what may cause what PDC is describing to you is occurring.

I

Iownmyjob

Reaction score
i always get dark grey spots where i have sprued my emax. i believe this is a common problem.
i try to hide it by sprueing lingually if possible but when it comes to veneers it can't be hid. any ideas?
thanks.

I have the same probably so I try to sprue on lingual or on the contact for molars. Happens on about half my emaxs....

W

weswideman

Reaction score
Had this issue before, I called Ivoclar and they explained the "logs" theory to my like PDC said. Mark the long axis of the preparation on all four walls of your die, and have your sprue parallel with all of the lines. Sprue from the thickest spot. Finally, spru straight down to the margin as much as possible.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I have the same probably so I try to sprue on lingual or on the contact for molars. Happens on about half my emaxs....

I'd get a bigger sprue rod (8 gauge)...I never see this.

K

Kurt Zubler

Reaction score
thanks.

To really answer this question - please take a picture how you sprewed before investing. Then I can help and not only guess.
My emailadress is [email protected]

In March we open up a trainings- and support center in Santa Ana. We also do courses not only in milling, we teach in weekly courses how to press e.max crowns from investing to finishing - incl. stain and glace technique in the most productive and succesfull way.

We start this for everybody affordable trainings program, that every e.max or lithium disilicate press material user saves time. Then all the future pressing results are predictable. E.max is a exellent material and you want believe the results before you see it in our course.

Also a DC5 milling system and all the other CADCAM products are there and we train the lab technicians in all the digital processes.

See us in Chicago and you will not be dissapointed what we introduce. We want succesfull American labs.

Kurt Zubler

Top Bottom