Speedvest investment

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
I notice here that nobody seems to mention the benefits of speed investments whether for bonded or Emax

I have been using speed investments for bonded work for the last 8/9 years and its got to a point where I do all my castings with it, its a great product, saves so much time

Although have been doing emax for a while, have been sending them out to be pressed, but have finally managed to find a 2nd hand EP600 so have been pressing in house.

Today, had a rush job...12 units on the upper arch, veneers and crowns. Started waxing at 7.30, switched on furnace at 1pm, invested at 2pm, furnace up to temp (850 centigrade) by 2.30 when I put in the first ring...waited 15 mins and put in the 2nd ring.

4pm, pressed first ring followed by 2nd straight after... and by 6pm had both rings devested and in the ultrasonic

The Ivoclar Pressvest works great and if intrested, after a lot of trials, have found that GC Platinum to be best for bonded work.... ok, its a bit more expensive, but the time saved is worth it...no 2/3 stage firings

When you are a one man operation, this material is a godsend! Give it a try! The technology now for these investments has come a long way from when I first started using them....it also means that I dont need a multi-stage furnace, just a simple furnace that goes to set temp...

Pip

P

paulg100

Reaction score
yep do all my emax with speed vest.

just have several cheap digital timers and stagger the rings at 20 min intervals and job done.

great way for a small lab to maxmize production without having to buy multiple burn out ovens and press's etc.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I used to use speed vest but I found the expansions were way off and needed to be increased.

That was when I was a dinsosaur like Paul.

Dinosaur-Ceramics-Float1.jpeg

Last edited: