some metal design ideas for this job

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Scott,
Your correct. The abutment shape does not have a lot of retention form. The abutment was designed to be short and tapered as it make the component far more versatile.
What your not getting, the final restoration does get screwed to the multi abutment. So retention form is not an important factor due to the retention of the case coming from screwing it into the multi abutment. There is no cement between the restoration and the multi abutment.

Yes, I understand you now. Thanks.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
This is the case of screw loosening or break the hole force is on the screw with a long lever arm and a small screw.If done these cases 20 years ago with Branemark and thats the reason why the implant abutment connection has changed in the past to internal connection which is able to relive the screw.No risk no fun.Some customers mill this parts with 20 degree angulated srew channel if you want to screw but thats just a modern way to do if you make custom zirkon hybrid abutments 1 mm in the sulkus the cement could be defnetly removed so cementitis is no problem .

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob, do you scan the abutment or is there a scan body for this?

I'm not sure what to do after I order the multi abutment.

DSC_0937_zps5c588c3f.jpg
There is no scan body that i'm aware of at this time. We currently have a work around for doing this digitally. but, it's kind of complex.
Can you post a photo of the model with teh impression ccopings in place with the counter cast?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
There is no scan body that i'm aware of at this time. We currently have a work around for doing this digitally. but, it's kind of complex.
Can you post a photo of the model with teh impression ccopings in place with the counter cast?

I've sent the case back for a new bite reg'n. I have since learned that the patient is difficult to work on ,so I may have to work with what I have.

I will post new pics when available.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
You definitely need a good bite registration. Bad bite reg=remakes

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
DDG makes a scanbody for 3shape, DentalBings, and exocad for the Multi.
We carry them of course.

It really is the most complete library to date for all systems.

prosthotech

prosthotech

Reaction score
Use a screw retained mesostructure and a pfm or pfz superstructure. Leave some metal exposed for pink composite.