Smile Line - My Shade Guide

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing this product to replace my aging shade guides.
I refuse to purchase a complete emax guide to replace one or 2 tabs.

Has anyone used this tab kit and is it a good investment?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm still making mine with the old Williams sissor type shade tab maker and using the chromascope metal tabs I had.
The annoying part is that the E6000 clear glue eventually comes loose after repeated disinfecting due to the small contact
area of the tab where I ground the tooth tab off.

It looks like the smiLe line has a bigger backing, so the glue job would last longer.

IMG_1353.JPG

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm still making mine with the old Williams sissor type shade tab maker and using the chromascope metal tabs I had.
The annoying part is that the E600 clear glue eventually comes loose after repeated disinfecting due to the small contact
area of the tab where I ground the tooth tab off.

It looks like the smiLe line has a bigger backing, so the glue job would last longer.

View attachment 27324
What do you disinfect with? They all have long lists of Donts but no Dos

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Cavicide spray, as I use them for taking shades chairside.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Cavicide spray, as I use them for taking shades chairside.
That's what I've been using too when they take a trip to ofices with me, just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
How much is that Smileline set?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of beer Amigo, even at 2017 prices.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing this product to replace my aging shade guides.
I refuse to purchase a complete emax guide to replace one or 2 tabs.

Has anyone used this tab kit and is it a good investment?
Can't you just scan one of the unbroken ones on the guide and mill it out of white pmma instead? You can attach your tab anyway you want, just design it in.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Can't you just scan one of the unbroken ones on the guide and mill it out of white pmma instead? You can attach your tab anyway you want, just design it in.
How much will the mill cost?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
printing some shade guide tab holders up is on my to do list. was just going to make a copy of one from my initial guides. I have the smile line tab maker (the round billet twisty one) like that allot. don't remember it being that expensive.

buying the whole smile line kit thing seems a bit OTT when you can print a bunch of tabs for next to nothing.

assuming you got a printer that is.. if not why not... wonder what I ever did without one these days, not just for dental but anything and everything.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
printing some shade guide tab holders up is on my to do list. was just going to make a copy of one from my initial guides. I have the smile line tab maker (the round billet twisty one) like that allot. don't remember it being that expensive.

buying the whole smile line kit thing seems a bit OTT when you can print a bunch of tabs for next to nothing.

assuming you got a printer that is.. if not why not... wonder what I ever did without one these days, not just for dental but anything and everything.
Which printer do you have?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I will have one designed by the end of the year, I will share the files when its done.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
One thing that works well is a 12" cable tie clear. Not my idea but that of my protage. Just cut to length desired and glue tab on. You don't want any color influence from the tab holder being the most important. I just started making a gingival guide using this and expanded the idea. The actual locking mechanism on a cable tie makes a great platform to receive the tabs. [emoji4]
7aea091970b3599e28f46b979be5bc73.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom