Sirona 4.25 vs ExoCAD

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
DLN members, I have been looking at a few scanners and their software. I have found 2 scanners & software I really like. The Freedom 3D scanner with exocad & InEos X5 with Sirona's 4.25 software. I have noticed a lot of dislike for Sirona on this board. The InEos X5 looks very accurate & detailed. I know about the InLab fees for sending stl files and connect. Their software comes with a lot of add ons built in, but the implant abutments are limited. I also like the Freedom 3D Scanner with ExoCAD and their add ons. Lots of options with this system(abutments, bars, models, etc.) I know there are a lot of Exocad users here.. Can a few of you list pros & cons of either system? I am going to be purchasing one very soon. Thanks, I appreciate the help. T

E

eroltevfik

Reaction score
Hello,

im using ineos x5 and exocad. and im glad for both. very compatible double program.
(sorry for my english)

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
The issue with sirona is much less the scanner and mostly the software (inlab) and the milling units (grinders).
I would stay as far away from Sirona as possible. If they sold their complete systems for lets say $15-20K. Then sure, they aren't that bad.
But that's not the case. The price you spend on these systems is so far from relative, that the price is what makes these systems so undesirable.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
They are giving me a $8000 credit for my 3shape scanner and 1 year of Inlab connect for sending restoration stl files for $1. So, its around $19,500 for the InEos X5. The problem is the abutment software doesn't design titanium or hybrids. Only InCoris Meso Zr. Also, I want a good model builder program. Not sure how Sirona's MB is??

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
They are giving me a $8000 credit for my 3shape scanner and 1 year of Inlab connect for sending restoration stl files for $1. So, its around $19,500 for the InEos X5. The problem is the abutment software doesn't design titanium or hybrids. Only InCoris Meso Zr. Also, I want a good model builder program. Not sure how Sirona's MB is??

Why may I ask you want to get rid of your 3Shape? Do you want to mill with MCXL or send out? If you only scanning, designing and sending out then stick with 3Shape. ExoCad is good too.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Its time to upgrade from my D640 to a new better scanner. I really like 3Shapes software, but i don't think their scanners are that great 20 microns & laser, D900 <15 microns- cam? I want a more accurate scanner for 20 - 25k. I don't like the footprint of the X5, but their scanner is impressive. And you can't scan a Articulator in a 3Shape.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Its time to upgrade from my D640 to a new better scanner. I really like 3Shapes software, but i don't think their scanners are that great 20 microns & laser, D900 <15 microns- cam? I want a more accurate scanner for 20 - 25k. I don't like the footprint of the X5, but their scanner is impressive. And you can't scan a Articulator in a 3Shape.

A lot of people have been burned by Sirona in the past and the company attitude is not lab friendly or focused. Their #1 client is the dentists office and to get them to mill their posterior and easy cases on their stuff in the office, plus if you have no better mill than they do you will have a harder time making a better crown. I have no experience with exocad, but a lot with 3shape who is very lab friendly and its a tried and true system. Microns of accuracy are important but anything in the >20 range is good enough to do very nice milling on a precision mill(5-10micron) which the MCXL is not.

Last year at a dental lab show I asked one of the Sirona/Cerec reps which scanner I should recommend to my Dr's to buy because I have some asking about I/O scanning. He tells me to my face, "Our most inexpensive option is the AC system to use with connect...but they should really go with the next level up Bluecam system so they have the option for in-house milling".

I have a problem with supporting a company who wants to put dental labs out of business...just my .02

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
A lot of people have been burned by Sirona in the past and the company attitude is not lab friendly or focused...
For example, they advertise on this wonderful site. However, they will never come to the attention of a post about their company. Hey Sirona, care to comment? Very doubtful.

Last edited:
ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Exocad users? Sirona 4.2 users? Thanks T

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I had cerec a long time ago and now I have switch to exocad with the medit scanner. Exocad is light years ahead of them. You can get the medit/exocad system for under $20k as well

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
As far as accuracy regarding scanners. We are really splitting hairs here literally. 20 microns is 1/5 the thickness of a average human hairo_O. So I think the accuracy debate is a non issue. We had Sirona sold it, the MCXL absolutely sucks in milling accuracy so that wipes out anything the scanner can do as far as accuracy.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Thanks everyone :) Charles and Coolhandluke were so helpful as other were too. I went with Origin's 3D scanner & Exocad.
I almost inked the deal with Sirona/Pattersons yesterday. Thank for DLN and CoolHandLuke, this a great site!!!!! Cheers
I would have been pulling my hair out with Sirona softwareHmmmm2. Much Appreciate all Hello Tad

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
best of luck to you. put up pics when you are all set up.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Thanks everyone :) Charles and Coolhandluke were so helpful as other were too. I went with Origin's 3D scanner & Exocad.
I almost inked the deal with Sirona/Pattersons yesterday. Thank for DLN and CoolHandLuke, this a great site!!!!! Cheers
I would have been pulling my hair out with Sirona softwareHmmmm2. Much Appreciate all Hello Tad
You made a huge mistake. You could have got a free coffee maker. YOU BLEW IT!
14530251249_c070519f86_b.jpg

Just kidding, I am so relieved you didn't get a Sirona System.
Congrats on making a wise choice.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Although that coffee maker is pretty tempting.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
9uzetu6u.jpg

Like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Yep, like that ;) Very nice set up!!

A.jeha

A.jeha

Reaction score
Hello,

im using ineos x5 and exocad. and im glad for both. very compatible double program.
(sorry for my english)
hey am really in need to talk with you about ineos x5 and exocad i have some problems i need to fix .. plz reply soon
my mail a-jeha(at)hotmail.com

Top Bottom