Shout-out to "Al"

T

treehouse

Reaction score
Thanks for posting your thoughts on the Monotrac articulators. We had been using them in the lab for a few years on simple, triple tray cases.

Never even though about using them on more complex cases, not until your post. While ours still are not as pretty as yours, I was dog-gone happy about how this case came out. Faster and better! And heck, if "Al" can, we can! :)
049.jpg 051.jpg

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
we like the mono- trac as well

just not for mandibular anteriors

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
We use a solid model to check overall fit and assembly and the segmented model is for margins and design of the substructure. Is the mono-track stable enough to do way with these steps?

The die length in the picture seems long. Is there any movment of the die with moderate pressure to the tip of the die?

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Tom, I just started using monotrac a few months ago. It is dead solid. I was very skeptical at first but can not believe the speed and stability of these. I started mounting full arch cases on a hanau etc with the magnetic plate assembly. Get my centric etc and than pop off the plate and go from there. Very easy to go back and forth. Saves us a tremendous amount of time without giving up accuracy.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
The stability is better with these than anything else I have tried, but I still check everything on a solid model. The stability of posteriors is better than anteriors, or maybe I should say the stability of a die is proportional to its width.

I try to use radius quads rather than straight quads whenever I can, the hinges are fairly rigid, but with the straight quads you can cant the models if you aren't careful.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I do wish the distance was shorter from the front of the plate to the hinge. Know what I mean?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
What I want is a re-usable metal hinge.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
No, I return cases articulated, but what I want is a more rigid hinge.

My Doctors asked if I wanted them back believe it or not:) A more rigid hinge would be nice.

They are unbelievable for Cad Cam use.

G

grabo

Reaction score
hi there just wondering where u guys order your monotrac system from

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting your thoughts on the Monotrac articulators. We had been using them in the lab for a few years on simple, triple tray cases.

Never even though about using them on more complex cases, not until your post. While ours still are not as pretty as yours, I was dog-gone happy about how this case came out. Faster and better! And heck, if "Al" can, we can! :)

Hi treehouse,I've done some longer span bridges and I transferred the casting over to the solid model and the fits seemed the same.

My wife won't go back to pindex, the pinless system has saved her way to much time.

Main problem I have had is when she dosent put the models in the dehydrater before she cuts them and dust dosent blow off the bottom then she jams them back on the base packing the dust. Then It's a PIA to clean.
Also when she dosent trim the imp and then seat the imp all the way down on the base it makes long dies.

Do you have the table saw to section them from underneath? She loves that.

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
From Monotrac, I don't know if you can get them anywhere else.

Monotrac > Home

I actually just talked to the Monotrac people....they're coming out for a few days to show us the system. I told them I do alot of production, and wondered if it would work in my lab.....they seem to think so. I said this dude from Kentucky named Al told me about them.....they said they knew you big Al:p

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
I've used Monotrac for some time now, and love them.!!! What a time saver! No more waiting for models to dry, then pin&base, then to articulate. I've found mounting with the triple tray and this system accurate too.
I don't use on bridge work with no posterior stop though..... too much movement vertically.
Always check fit under a scope on a solid model before proceeding to porcelain.
I agree, a metal hinge might work well, but I have found out on the few occasions where the bite just wasn't spot on with the triple tray, I can heat up the hinge over a burner, set the bite where it needs to be, then cool it, while holding the bite stabel, under water. Works like a charm..... JMO

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I actually just talked to the Monotrac people....they're coming out for a few days to show us the system. I told them I do alot of production, and wondered if it would work in my lab.....they seem to think so. I said this dude from Kentucky named Al told me about them.....they said they knew you big Al:p

Wow when your a big fish you get your ass kissed.

I dont know exactly how much it costs now per case. My OL keeps up with that.

This is the typical quad from a triple tray. It has a slight curve to it to get the centrals. They have straight quads too.

Less than 10 min of working time.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_IMG_3694.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_IMG_3694.jpg

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
If we use these things Al....you should get a year supply at no charge:)

Top Bottom