Service with a smile

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Ten year old Spark Erosion bar case that gets dropped on my shoulders. Patient wants a new prosthetic will not give up the bar :) Will not wear any form of temp appliance and mandates treatment. RED FLAGS but I am down for the challenge. Money is right on this one :)

So office visit here I come, then rush back to lab to bang this out while patient hides at the office.

We pick up the bar with two long guide screws, pour stone model, block out and test draw of prosthetic on new master model. Duplicate with silicone, bredent exakto form resin model fabricated and articulation with old prosthetic. Total time with travel 2.45 hours. Silicone gassed a bit while rushing this in office but prosthetic fit the master model spectacularly. Try doing this with stone :)

Custom swivel locks made from bredent parts and laser sintered secondary is the plan. I predict that it will be a tad more esthetic than the previous fabricators job as well :) IMG_3273.JPG IMG_3270.JPG IMG_3271.JPG IMG_3272.JPG

Wish me luck

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
No implants in the anterior region? Have you seen current x-rays of the implants? Just curious how they look.

Oh yeah, good luck!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Good eye but your eye doesn't see the truth,.

It does have one. we only used two analogs for the pic up imp pour up. If you look closely there are 8 fixtures on this bar.

In the olden days :) on all multiple ext hex bran cases there are transmucosal abutments. This lady can chew through anything and while the coatings today on fixtures are way superior to the old Ti ext hex fixtures the client seems to think that this thing will actually last the patients lifetime.

You have no idea how hard I tried to convince them to strip the old prosthetic and retread it but no such luck. :)

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Cool, this lady is very lucky to have the work hold up like this, I bet she can eat steak.

P

paul sarratt cdt

Reaction score
impressive you are John nice work!!