Scanning a 4 unit framework w/DWOS 3 series

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We normally use our Procera Forte to do all of our Zir frameworks. Right now, our Procera Forte is broken so we need to use the DWOS. We have tried to use the DWOS twice before to do a bridge framework and both bridges had poor fits and we were not able to use them. We have had no problems doing single unit copings with the DWOS. Is anyone else using the 3 series DWOS successfully to do zirconium bridge frameworks?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
We normally use our Procera Forte to do all of our Zir frameworks. Right now, our Procera Forte is broken so we need to use the DWOS. We have tried to use the DWOS twice before to do a bridge framework and both bridges had poor fits and we were not able to use them. We have had no problems doing single unit copings with the DWOS. Is anyone else using the 3 series DWOS successfully to do zirconium bridge frameworks?

We have the 5 series and we don't have problems at all . Is your unit calibrated ?

B

Buried1999

Reaction score
If there is a fitting problem it is probably coming from improper material parameters in DWOS. You have to have correct radius of milling tool which is used for finishing. On the other hand, cement gap is managed on 3 levels in DWOS and this also has to be considered. We have different parameters for different milling machines. Calibration for 3-series takes around 10 minutes so it should not be a problem to try a new calibration. Even with low-quality zirconia blocks the fitting is ok. I have seen long-span bridges with 10 or more units with 3-4 pontics with a good marginal fit.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We just got the bridge back yesterday and it fit great. I didn't have this info when I started this thread, but I understand that we had a different 3 series scanner the last time we tried to do a bridge. That scanner was faulty and it was returned. Thanks alot for taking the time to read and respond.

B

Buried1999

Reaction score
Glad to hear that everything's ok.