Sagemax nexxzr + Sinter cycle?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Can anyone hit me quick with the sinter parameters for the nexxzr +? Im digging and cant find it.

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
Go room temperature - 900 Degrees Celsius hold 10 minutes Van Gogh from 900 Degrees Celsius - 1550 degrees Celsius hold for 3 hours and natural cool.

Sorry for spelling everything out I'm driving and on my phone so I will put up a more clear instructions tomorrow

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
I forgot to add the climb rates from 900 Degrees Celsius up to 1550 degrees Celsius 3 degree per minute climb rate

user name

user name

Reaction score
I was asking because I got some conflicting numbers from two sources linked to the product, and Im just a bit sinter punchy. Oven will be opening soon...Im excited to see.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Go room temperature - 900 Degrees Celsius hold 10 minutes Van Gogh from 900 Degrees Celsius - 1550 degrees Celsius hold for 3 hours and natural cool.

Sorry for spelling everything out I'm driving and on my phone so I will put up a more clear instructions tomorrow
Starry Night!
drive safely, and stop posting while driving! we need your expertise around here

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
Starry Night!
drive safely, and stop posting while driving! we need your expertise around here
yea i was going to be on the road for another hour or so, so i didnt want him to wait for an additional hour for an answer ha ha.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Brent. Ill let everyone know, we spoke on the phone and you hit me with some stuff I didn't know, so Id like to open it up for some discussion.

Hold Times.

You and I were talking specifically about your product, but Id like to understand transformation in general.

The heat up has to be slow enough to not cause fracture, and kind of baby the units while they shrink.

When the sweet-spot high temp is dialed in, and you have an appropriate hold time, things will look correct. That's simple enough, but extending hold times...

When hold time is extended, an increase in translucency is achieved? Is there a compensation then that has to be figured? More hold time means drop the high temp just a bit, or the high temp is established and required, and we can gain or loose trans based on hold time? I realize all the mfrgs have specs for their material, so we should follow that and be happy. But...I was told that increasing hold time would be better. Lets talk about it.

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
Great question User. So lets say you have a oven that cannot go past 1530°C you can compensate the final temp by increasing the hold time of your oven to achieve the same desired results that you would get at the higher temps, also vice versa with creating a shorter cycle decrease hold time raise the final temp. However decreasing hold time and raising the final temp will only work to a certain extent.

There is always a sweet spot for every zirconia. Tetrahedral Zirconia has roughly the same sweet spot and most Cubic zirconia has the same sweet spot most of them can very by 10 to 20°C so minimal adjustments should be needed for you oven, most of the time you can create 1 cycle for all of your Tetrahedral and 1 cycle for your Cubic zirconia, you just need to play with the the final holding temperatures. There is always a safe zone when it comes to having temperature to high and to low, for tetrahedral your safe zone is typically between 1530°C and 1560°C, now you can get good results above 1560°C but you also run the risk at losing translucency it really depends on how Calibrated your oven is and the type of Staining liquid you are using as some Staining liquids have lower burn out temperatures.

When it comes to sintering it also very much depends on is it pre-shaded or is it white zirconia, are you doing 10 restorations per fire or 70 restorations per fire and are you doing a full arch bridge, this will also change your climb rates and your holding times. So feel free to ask specific questions on what you are using.

Rainbow Machine

Rainbow Machine

Reaction score
Great question User. So lets say you have a oven that cannot go past 1530°C you can compensate the final temp by increasing the hold time of your oven to achieve the same desired results that you would get at the higher temps, also vice versa with creating a shorter cycle decrease hold time raise the final temp. However decreasing hold time and raising the final temp will only work to a certain extent.

There is always a sweet spot for every zirconia. Tetrahedral Zirconia has roughly the same sweet spot and most Cubic zirconia has the same sweet spot most of them can very by 10 to 20°C so minimal adjustments should be needed for you oven, most of the time you can create 1 cycle for all of your Tetrahedral and 1 cycle for your Cubic zirconia, you just need to play with the the final holding temperatures. There is always a safe zone when it comes to having temperature to high and to low, for tetrahedral your safe zone is typically between 1530°C and 1560°C, now you can get good results above 1560°C but you also run the risk at losing translucency it really depends on how Calibrated your oven is and the type of Staining liquid you are using as some Staining liquids have lower burn out temperatures.

When it comes to sintering it also very much depends on is it pre-shaded or is it white zirconia, are you doing 10 restorations per fire or 70 restorations per fire and are you doing a full arch bridge, this will also change your climb rates and your holding times. So feel free to ask specific questions on what you are using.

So, Brent, are you saying that all Tetrahedral Zirc can be put into the same 1 cycle, even if it slightly varies from the mfg recommendations? Same with Cubic zirc? If this is so, that would solve some of my 'numerous zircs, too few ovens' issues.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Here is the recommended firing cycle for our NexxZr Plus.

Hi Brent,
Do you know if Henry Schein will be selling the Nexxzir+ ?
Honestly I'd rather deal directly from the manufacturer
Thanks

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
So, Brent, are you saying that all Tetrahedral Zirc can be put into the same 1 cycle, even if it slightly varies from the mfg recommendations? Same with Cubic zirc? If this is so, that would solve some of my 'numerous zircs, too few ovens' issues.
Yes I have yet to find a tetrahedral that couldn't be sintered with another tetrahedral and both get good results.

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
Hi Brent,
Do you know if Henry Schein will be selling the Nexxzir+ ?
Honestly I'd rather deal directly from the manufacturer
Thanks
you are more than welcome to order from us directly! shoot me a call and we'll talk.

R

Richiedo86

Reaction score
Hi, can you share the furnace temperature cycle for full arch implant zirconia???