S.O.S - Cheap zirconia ceramic block from China

lablukadent

lablukadent

Reaction score
Thanks for your response, and i hope be friend with many many people on this forum.

Show at my upload have a post warning to use the problem zirconia china. Please read more at line after path (auto translate from vietnamese to english)

Google Dịch

Waiting for your reply !

C

clearH2O

Reaction score
Thanks for your response, and i hope be friend with many many people on this forum.

Show at my upload have a post warning to use the problem zirconia china. Please read more at line after path (auto translate from vietnamese to english)

Google Dịch

Waiting for your reply !

hi lablukadent, I joint this forum since 2007. love it because 90% in it were supportive subjects as you saw. Your warning is on time and supportive to everyone in this forum. I warned other made in China fake "stuff" that may harm US and other country citizens due to China's "money hunger mind". This is just a fracture of thousand of cheap competition from China.
You did it right, bravo.
thanks
Clearh2o

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Biggest concern is radiation

Didn't someone already say that?

Go buy geiger counter and measure.

You link says same thing. Found with Uranium.

Needs to be clean stuff!

I tested mine! Ask my emloyees!

Scott

lablukadent

lablukadent

Reaction score
To this point, we are paying very much money for IvoclarVivadent materials, and difficult to compete in the current market. We need advice choosing the ceramic materials of other companies with lower price, but the standard of CE, FDA ... Please help us !!

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
SAGEMAX, WHITE-PEAKS, ... should we use?

So, is Chinese Zr the new drug? Like heroine back in the day or like cocaine from SA? Why did, and why do they still make it to the US? Simple there is a market. Someone posed a question why would someone use cheap material when th doc charges $1000.Simple some docs only wants to pay as little as possible, if they can get it for 39, so be it. As long as those questionable operations continue; and domestic greed within the profession prevail, a market will exist.

lablukadent

lablukadent

Reaction score
Thanks "dmonwaxa",
In Vietnam, patients only pay 200USD for 1 unit Emax ZirCAD IvoclarVivadent, and doctors pay for laboratory restoration only 66USD/1unit.

IvoclarVivadent Zirconia have good quality, but the pricing policy is not stable, the current distributor in Vietnam, put the price too high compared with the overall price. So we need your advice ...

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Thanks "dmonwaxa",
In Vietnam, patients only pay 200USD for 1 unit Emax ZirCAD IvoclarVivadent, and doctors pay for laboratory restoration only 66USD/1unit.

IvoclarVivadent Zirconia have good quality, but the pricing policy is not stable, the current distributor in Vietnam, put the price too high compared with the overall price. So we need your advice ...

Sounds like you're getting 30%, which is great compared to the US. Imagine the patient paying a 1000 and th lab getting 100 or less, thats <10%.

Unless you change strategies, ie. machinery and switch to pucks, you wont see the profits you're expecting. Those small ivoclar blocks are too expensive.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"Sounds like you're getting 30%, which is great compared to the US. Imagine the patient paying a 1000 and th lab getting 100 or less, thats <10%."

Good God! We get about 60% of the Dentist's fees. You guys are really getting ripped off!

H

Hal2a

Reaction score
"Sounds like you're getting 30%, which is great compared to the US. Imagine the patient paying a 1000 and th lab getting 100 or less, thats <10%.

Good God! We get about 60% of the Dentist's fees. You guys are really getting ripped off! "

60 % wow, I would like to see your math on that one.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Layered Zr are being sold anywhere from $99-$149, and thats below the regional and national averages as published by lmt.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
60% of the dentist's fees was the standard for decades.This was the amount that the offices estimated for the lab fees.

I'm finally at that point ,in fact our last fee guide(2001) is around 60% and it was based on a time study.

I charge around $350-365$.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Layered Zr are being sold anywhere from $99-$149, and thats below the regional and national averages as published by lmt.

Remember that there are TWO ways to do a price survey: One way is to ask labs who will tell you the advertised price, but not the REAL average selling price, which is calculated by taking total sales and dividing it by the number of units done. Once you do this, you begin to see what the effects of discount coupons, introductory offers and volume discounts do to your bottom line. Not to mention no charge remakes!

Okay, so this is the RIGHT way to do a price survey, and you will see the price is actually lower than everybody thinks it is.

NOW THE WAKE UP CALL:

Survey the dentists and ask them what they are paying. Now you will see that the average selling price is even lower than the prices you got in the excercise above! What you will find is, the low cost, immigrant and off shore labs DO NOT participate in surveys. They are sometimes invisible to everybody but the dentists who use them, because they buy no supplies, have no listing, pay no taxes and work from a house.

NOW, you will discover just how desperate some labs are to try and compete domestically, lowering prices to meet pressure from customers and to compete with these invisable contenders whose invoices the doctor looks at when he sees your price list.

The shame of it is, we did it to ourselves. American lab owners who bent to the pressure and helped open the flood gates by teaching the Chinese how to do business here, introducing them to their customers and helping them build confidence in foreign products.

Congratulations.

Good thing we have alternatives.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
He he he he he he he ....chuckle,,,,irony. I agree. Guess the same can be said for our national associations that provided CDT's to offshorers. We're all in the same big boat, and it appears to be sinking

@MJ

"Survey the dentists and ask them what they are paying."

Thats precisely the "market" I'm speaking of.

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
He he he he he he he ....chuckle,,,,irony. I agree. Guess the same can be said for our national associations that provided CDT's to offshorers.

We're all in the same big boat, and it appears to be sinking

Well, first of all, we can't deny somebody the opportunity to take the CDT test just because they live somewhere else. If they can take the test, pass it, and pay the fees and get CE to maintain it, more power to them.

The fact of the matter is, the foreigners see more value in the CDT credential than we do, here in our own backyard.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Well, first of all, we can't deny somebody the opportunity to take the CDT test just because they live somewhere else. If they can take the test, pass it, and pay the fees and get CE to maintain it, more power to them.

The fact of the matter is, the foreigners see more value in the CDT credential than we do, here in our own backyard.

I'm sure we may continue to see things differently, thats just fine. We can agree to disagree. My intention is not to point fingers, but share my POV. No singular entity is to blame, it's systemic; from the highest level to the lowest level. My position is that some in the profession, have created, and continue enable the existence of the market.

The comment about national associations was not a stab, just a comment, just the irony in it all. You see just the lab owners. I see supply providers "D",cliniicians, labs, associations and govt agencies all being engaged at a certain level; and thats a large spiderweb to escape.

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score

I'm sure we may continue to see things differently, thats just fine. We can agree to disagree. My intention is not to point fingers, but share my POV. No singular entity is to blame, it's systemic; from the highest level to the lowest level. My position is that some in the profession, have created, and continue enable the existence of the market.

The comment about national associations was not a stab, just a comment, just the irony in it all. You see just the lab owners. I see supply providers "D",cliniicians, labs, associations and govt agencies all being engaged at a certain level; and thats a large spiderweb to escape.

I'm sure you've figured out by now, I totally seperate myself from forum posts, and don't take anything personal, so feel free to disagree! I can only make a difference by being of service at whatever level I can afford to.

I was asked to be a proctor for the CDT Exam this weekend. It will be interesting to look at the candidates and see what the make up is. I also will be interested to hear their reasons for taking the CDT exam.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
By proctor what does that mean? Are you there to keep them from ditching after lunch?

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Mark Jackson's Proctology. :) Certified Digital Technique. Up to the 2nd knuckle...

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Mark, I was under the impression one had to be a CDT for that.;)

Good luck on finding out their reasons, I'm sure they'll have plenty of time for ample chit chat. So is this the written or practical?

Top Bottom