S.O.S - Cheap zirconia ceramic block from China

lablukadent

lablukadent

Reaction score
Hi all, we're labor from Vietnam - Lukadent

We're using 2 Sirona Inlab MCXL system and zirconia blocks of Ivoclar Vivadent.

Recently, some company from China send us the price list of the zirconia blocks - it's very cheap. Ex:

awww.nhakhoa.com_vn_wp_content_uploads_Pricelist___ChinaBlock.jpg

The big difference between the two, please advice me on this issue. Thank all
awww.nhakhoa.com_vn_wp_content_uploads_Pricelist___ChinaBlock.jpg

C

charles007

Reaction score
Very foolish to buy cheap materials from China.........

lablukadent

lablukadent

Reaction score
Thanks for your replying, but can you show me the diffenrence of them? Because of very much lab using the material from China , and no problem happen :(

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
All we can tell from what you have told us - is that they are cheaper.
Isostatically pressed?
What is the exact chamical composition?
Flex Strength?
Shrinkage?
This not like buying a set of cheap brushes - the chemistry needs to exact and the pressing needs to be spot on or you will spend a lot of time redoing jobs.
You know a Zirconia Block has 5 or 6 other chemicals in it to ensure it sinters properly and does not develop microfractures?
Prices will be cheaper than OEM - they have the initial R&D costs to recoup, but those prices seem too low - if you do buy some it would be wise to have them tested for exact chemical make up - avoids any surprises.

lablukadent

lablukadent

Reaction score
Thanks all for reply, but "radioactive" - what mean you say?

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Thanks all for reply, but "radioactive" - what mean you say?

This is what we mean by radioactive.

"Material that emits radiation energy in the form of alpha, beta, or gamma particles or rays - all of which can damage living tissue such as cancer".

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
any warranty on the framework?

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Very foolish to buy cheap materials from China.........

COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE

we are making replacement parts for human being, the crown we are fabricating will be inside the patients body for years to come.
just use the blocks from ivoclar and know that you used a quality product

some times all this talk about less expensive this and cheaper that
make me sick to my stomach:nono:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Let me get this straight,

A lab from Vietnam is wondering why the Chinese Zirconia is cheaper than Ivoclar?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Thanks for your replying, but can you show me the diffenrence of them? Because of very much lab using the material from China , and no problem happen :(

Sorry, I have edited the heck out of this post. I misread it the first time.

Anyway, I find a few things curious. On the internet, you are advertising your lab services, and you claim to ONLY use materials from Ivoclar, yet here you are considering Ivoclar equivalents? I would be very careful about this, especially if you send your work to the US or Europe. Check for CE mark and current FDA registration.

YouTube - Lukadent Labo.mpg

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I wonder if this is the same stuff Keating is advertising now as KDZ (Keating Dental Zir Im guesing) for $49 per coping, 2 day turn around ??????

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I wonder if this is the same stuff Keating is advertising now as KDZ (Keating Dental Zir Im guesing) for $49 per coping, 2 day turn around ??????

I highly doubt it. Shaun is a straight shooter and last I heard he was using Crystal Zirconia, which is at least FDA registered. As the race to the bottom continues, we'll see them for $9 per unit. I was shown some plain wrap Chinese blocks for $45 which would put my material cost at about $1.80 each.

There will be some knucklehead out there willing to do it, I promise you.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I actualy bought a geiger counter. We tested our whole lab. No unusual radioactivity.

There is legitimite concern for radioactive Zirconia. It is almost always found with Uranium. I sent the Cold-War era testing device to my favorite 3M service guy for Christmas after I tested everything I could think of.

Scott

Last edited:
amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
There will be some knucklehead out there willing to do it, I promise you

Unfortunately that is the sad truth- there will always be someone in the fieldwilling to give something a try -just based upon $ and nothing else

As a patient paying $1000 a tooth why wouldnt you want something that cost $1.80 in materials in your mouth- you the know the price savings is going to get passed on to them- very sad :(

lablukadent

lablukadent

Reaction score
Thank all for the feedback. The motto of the laboratory Lukadent, we always use genuine goods from the supplier's reputation as Ivoclar Vivadent, Sirona, Densply, Bego ... The reason we put this question to find a way to warn and to redress the use of raw materials from China Zirconia in the world today, and now find information on topics not see anyone counter. Do you know the price of a zirconia ceramic units of our finished products to the dentist cost 65USD (3 year warranty),but the other laboratory is much lower - less than $ 35 (guaranteed for 10 years) - so we question the zirconia ceramic blocks that this laboratory is using Zirconia whether from China?

lablukadent

lablukadent

Reaction score
Let me get this straight,

A lab from Vietnam is wondering why the Chinese Zirconia is cheaper than Ivoclar?

Sorry, I have edited the heck out of this post. I misread it the first time.

Anyway, I find a few things curious. On the internet, you are advertising your lab services, and you claim to ONLY use materials from Ivoclar, yet here you are considering Ivoclar equivalents? I would be very careful about this, especially if you send your work to the US or Europe. Check for CE mark and current FDA registration.

YouTube - Lukadent Labo.mpg

Thank you for your feedback, we are committed to not using China Zirconia ceramic blocks for the restorations made. We are trying to call people to use genuine porcelain. And through your feedback, we've got some ideas about radioactivity, uranium ... and I need more than that many of your comments. I posted them on youtube video "YouTube - How it's made Porcelain Teeth - Răng sứ được làm như thế nào.mpg - How it's made Porcelain Teeth" for people to know where every step will be important for their health, we have www.NhaKhoa.com website to universal knowledge of dentistry for everyone. Hoping that consumers will recognize the harmful effects of the use of zirconia ceramic ingots from China. Once again we hope to receive more feedback from you !

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm actually impressed, very nice video, you should be very proud and I hope you put that on your website somewhere because I'm a very critical person but have to give kudos to that. Great Job!

I will mention that their is some steps in your model and die fabrication that we do a lot differently here in the states that would really speed up that portion of your job. I'm not saying their is nothing wrong with it at all, just a little out dated is all. However, for the cad/cam portion, it was done superbly, be proud of that, and thanks for sharing.

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
lukadent is a large German lab overseas operation

C

clearH2O

Reaction score
Vietnamese born-American heart

Thank you for your feedback, we are committed to not using China Zirconia ceramic blocks for the restorations made. We are trying to call people to use genuine porcelain. And through your feedback, we've got some ideas about radioactivity, uranium ... and I need more than that many of your comments. I posted them on youtube video "YouTube - How it's made Porcelain Teeth - Răng sứ được làm như thế nào.mpg - How it's made Porcelain Teeth" for people to know where every step will be important for their health, we have www.NhaKhoa.com website to universal knowledge of dentistry for everyone. Hoping that consumers will recognize the harmful effects of the use of zirconia ceramic ingots from China. Once again we hope to receive more feedback from you !

Hi, Lukadent
Welcome to this forum and I like your post. I hope you are asking honestly. I am Vietnamese Boat People, but my whole Dental Lab Tech live belong here, USA. My family are still in Vietnam and I frequently in contact so I am very well informed especially about Dental Lab.
Hope you will be one of my friend in future.
ClearH2O

Top Bottom