Roland DWX-50 vs HAAS DT-1

renato

renato

Reaction score
I compared the prices over the world and I was about to buy the rolland DWX-50 in USA U$29k seems a good deal. But Glen Kennedy form Roland turn me down and said that I have to buy it in my Country - BRASIL. (my cash is not good enough?Banghead-no hard feelings but I hate ****y cats:bear:)

Back on the topic,
The DWX-50 cost over U$56k down here.
The other option I have is to buy an industrial mill and go big with HAAS, the DT-1 cost around U$60k cheaper than the OM-2A around U$75k

So anyone can point me the right direction here.

If I go with Haas what is the best model and set up configuration?
What should I be concerned going through industrial setups?
Would be better insist and go to USA and ask my uncle John to Call Glen and buy the DWX-50 for me?(Please don't tell Geln Eviltongue if I do that)

I don't wanna compare these mills there is a huge difference indeed, but for the same money would you buy a industrial Monster like HAAS or the Roland DWX-50? It is a rhetorical question, please do not anwser.

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Just give your cash to your uncle and let him buy it for ya...you might end up paying import fees though...I'd research that beforehand...
Haas is a different beast...to set it up for dental work...you'll need quite a few options to add...ending up paying over $100k easy...not to mention the know-how needed to do so...

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
These two mills aren't even in the same category! Hard to compare them.

What are you wanting to cut with them? If you want to cut Zirconia, then go with

the Roland, since it cannot cut Titanium. If you want to cut Titanium, well then, the roland

just won't cut it. (Pun intended)

You're not comparing apples to apples.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
It's going to cost you over $100K USD to get set up with the proper CAM software and tooling for the DT-1. Trust me. I know!

renato

renato

Reaction score
Just give your cash to your uncle and let him buy it for ya...you might end up paying import fees though...I'd research that beforehand...
Haas is a different beast...to set it up for dental work...you'll need quite a few options to add...ending up paying over $100k easy...not to mention the know-how needed to do so...

Importing taxes would not be a big deal, that was the reason Roland was the first option. Ask favor or beg to buy something sounds wrong to me.

But Glen made me look at the other side, industrial mills are the Big Boy Toys, and I rather play with it.

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
Did you look at Yena's cnc?

renato

renato

Reaction score
Allow me just to clarify.
There is no comparison other than the selling price of these machines in Brasil.
I call HAAS dealers here and he quoted the DT-1 with 5 axis and the probe - He said it would cost me around U$60K
I would be glad if someone that has played around with these HAAS send me their "blueprint". Such as Do that, do it, buy it, do no mess with it....
I will order the machine and play with it until I get it right. I just would like some feedback on HAAS models and setups.

Potato Potato, but notBird

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Allow me just to clarify.
There is no comparison other than the selling price of these machines in Brasil.
I call HAAS dealers here and he quoted the DT-1 with 5 axis and the probe - He said it would cost me around U$60K
I would be glad if someone that has played around with these HAAS send me their "blueprint". Such as Do that, do it, buy it, do no mess with it....
I will order the machine and play with it until I get it right. I just would like some feedback on HAAS models and setups.

Potato Potato, but notBird

It would make sense as Roland is a public company in Japan, with public stocks. EVERY SINGLE T and EVERY SINGLE I is crossed and dotted. You should respect the fact that he is unable to sell you one in Brazil when he represents USA.

Personally? I think you should get a HAAS. Seems to be the right fit for you

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score

But Glen made me look at the other side, industrial mills are the Big Boy Toys, and I rather play with it.

Sure they are nice...however you have to have enough space with adequate power to install them...typical office environment is just too small for them...
Setting them up and operating them is a whole different profession...you'd have to learn..

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Call a guy named Scott Hudson at Prime Dental, aka *** - Dominion Milling Center. He knows quite a bit about the HAAS. He has some pretty extensive posts here about what he has done. He also sales them if I remember right.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
their are always options have a look at the asian market , glenn is not the right dealer for you but ill think you find one.

renato

renato

Reaction score
Call a guy named Scott Hudson at Prime Dental, aka *** - Dominion Milling Center. He knows quite a bit about the HAAS. He has some pretty extensive posts here about what he has done. He also sales them if I remember right.
Thank you,
I may call Scott.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Renato....what do you plan on cutting with your mill you will purchase? The DT-1 is a wet milling machine.

I would not ever suggest you running Zirconia in them at all. Trust me. I have a DT-1 and 2 450i Imes-Icore

milling machines. The DT-1 is my Ti cutting machine and my 450i's only cut Zr, Wax, and PMMA.

Plus, the DT-1 is Phase III electrical!!

renato

renato

Reaction score
Renato....what do you plan on cutting with your mill you will purchase? The DT-1 is a wet milling machine.

I would not ever suggest you running Zirconia in them at all. Trust me. I have a DT-1 and 2 450i Imes-Icore

milling machines. The DT-1 is my Ti cutting machine and my 450i's only cut Zr, Wax, and PMMA.

Plus, the DT-1 is Phase III electrical!!

I have the Cercon crap for zirconia. Not cost effective.

I looked on ebay, there is a Greek guy selling a 2007 Zeno 4820 M1 U$29k, 4 Axis mill. I am thinking about it for a all-in-one machine.

Then in future I get into HAAS for TI and implant.

Have you heard about this Zeno Mill?

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Zeno 4820 = imes-icore milling machine

Great machines but Wieland stopped supporting them : /

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
wieland got bought by ivoclar too, right?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Renato,

It is not personal, please understand it is corporate policy. Roland offices and resellers around the world invest in infrastructure and staff to provide sales and service to the local community. They pay taxes and salaries to support the local economy. I am contacted daily by people around the world who want to buy a Roland mill in the US but I must direct them to their local Roland office. Beyond corporate policy this is the right thing to do ethically. Like me and everyone here on DLN, my colleagues around the world are supporting their family and have bills to pay. I hope you understand and wish you luck and continued success in your business no matter what product you purchase.

-Glenn

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Renato,

It is not personal, please understand it is corporate policy. Roland offices and resellers around the world invest in infrastructure and staff to provide sales and service to the local community. They pay taxes and salaries to support the local economy. I am contacted daily by people around the world who want to buy a Roland mill in the US but I must direct them to their local Roland office. Beyond corporate policy this is the right thing to do ethically. Like me and everyone here on DLN, my colleagues around the world are supporting their family and have bills to pay. I hope you understand and wish you luck and continued success in your business no matter what product you purchase.

-Glenn
Weird_guy_this.gif