Roland 51D

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone get themselves a new Roland 51D? hows it treating you?

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Anyone get themselves a new Roland 51D? hows it treating you?
We had our Rowland Mill for about a month now absolutely love it can't imagine how we survived without it for so long Temporaries diagnostic wax ups zirconia all in-house it's amazing.

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
We love all of our Roland mills.....but the 51D is a true workhorse. I really love the Bofa vacuum system. I also like the storage drawer, and the cleanliness of the machine compared to the DWX50. The way they sloped the inside of the machine really helps with the dust collection. Brian Brooks is the man at Roland! And Cap is awesome when it comes to software:)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We had our Rowland Mill for about a month now absolutely love it can't imagine how we survived without it for so long Temporaries diagnostic wax ups zirconia all in-house it's amazing.
thats great! are you milling any copings for casting?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We love all of our Roland mills.....but the 51D is a true workhorse. I really love the Bofa vacuum system. I also like the storage drawer, and the cleanliness of the machine compared to the DWX50. The way they sloped the inside of the machine really helps with the dust collection. Brian Brooks is the man at Roland! And Cap is awesome when it comes to software:)
awesome shawn! thanks for sharing

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
K

keroassidy

Reaction score
thats great! are you milling any copings for casting?
Yes. We dont do much casting anymore. But we do some pfm over abutments and reg. Pfm crowns. They come out awesome.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We love ours...fast and the clean up is so simple. That's the biggest advantages. For instance, what is milled below (Pekkton, BDT bridge) would of taken 5 hours, only took 1.5 hours now. Thanks CAP :)

Bob4.JPG

Bob5.JPG

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Yes. We dont do much casting anymore. But we do some pfm over abutments and reg. Pfm crowns. They come out awesome.
PFM work seems to be dwindling here as well but same scenario....a few over implants or on cases where matching another old PFM is needed

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We love ours...fast and the clean up is so simple. That's the biggest advantages. For instance, what is milled below (Pekkton, BDT bridge) would of taken 5 hours, only took 1.5 hours now. Thanks CAP :)

Bob4.JPG

Bob5.JPG
speed is crucial in todays economy. afterall, we can always make more money. we cannot make more time!!!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
speed is crucial in todays economy. afterall, we can always make more money. we cannot make more time!!!
The other big advantage...and this is probably what iced the decision for us to get it was the spindle. Our spindle from the Roland 50 was over 5 years old. Replacing that guy would of been expensive and we would of had down time. The new Roland 51D, can be replaced in-house and is a fraction of the cost of the old one.

L

labtek

Reaction score
The other big advantage...and this is probably what iced the decision for us to get it was the spindle. Our spindle from the Roland 50 was over 5 years old. Replacing that guy would of been expensive and we would of had down time. The new Roland 51D, can be replaced in-house and is a fraction of the cost of the old one.

how long would it take to mill 18 full zirconia units in one puck? including the time to input the design into the cam software.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
how long would it take to mill 18 full zirconia units in one puck? including the time to input the design into the cam software.
excellent question, i would love to know the answer too!
i know it takes me, on average, less than 8min to input, scan, and design single unit posterior crowns. and thats with my older D700 scanner. (i actually took eight 1min videos to time myself/prove it. literally 8min including starting and stopping the videos)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
excellent question, i would love to know the answer too!
i know it takes me, on average, less than 8min to input, scan, and design single unit posterior crowns. and thats with my older D700 scanner. (i actually took eight 1min videos to time myself/prove it. literally 8min including starting and stopping the videos)
Hold on cowboy.
set up case in dental manager, scan it, and design it in 8 minutes? That's like a 1.5 minute design. Are you making and scanning a bite? How are you doing it so fast? lets see the video:)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hold on cowboy.
set up case in dental manager, scan it, and design it in 8 minutes? That's like a 1.5 minute design. Are you making and scanning a bite? How are you doing it so fast? lets see the video:)
setting up in dental manager is 15-30 seconds. scanning is 4-min. design is 3-4min

i tend to be overly efficient. while the working is in scanning, the opposing is on another plate and i am logging in the subsequent case. time management is key. when i am done logging another case into dental manager and the opposing is being scanned, i am designing the previous case.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hold on cowboy.
i tell you what, ill text them to you. you can let everyone know im not full of it. lol

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hold on cowboy.
ok, you saw the proof!!!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You couldn't figure how to post a phone vid here?
I am questioning your tech nerdiness and CAD design prowess.:)
you just want me to text it to you too!
of course I can post it. just didn't want to post 8 videos. if it was all one, sure. takes long enough to just text 8vids. Riley can vouch for me now tho. or pm me your number and I'll send them

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
you just want me to text it to you too!
of course I can post it. just didn't want to post 8 videos. if it was all one, sure. takes long enough to just text 8vids. Riley can vouch for me now tho. or pm me your number and I'll send them
He just wants to feel important by getting a text at work...don't let him fool you :p