Roland 51D

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hold on cowboy.
set up case in dental manager, scan it, and design it in 8 minutes? That's like a 1.5 minute design. Are you making and scanning a bite? How are you doing it so fast? lets see the video:)
oh, and i totalled up the time on those videos (since it doesnt include input into dental manager)...... 7min 30sec and that includes starting and stopping the video, and scanning and designing with one hand lol

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Well, he sent me the vids. Unfortunately they were accidentally of his...umm...private life you could say. after realizing his mistake he sent the right ones and seems like everything checks out. Well done sideboob!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
He just wants to feel important by getting a text at work...don't let him fool you :p
Notice I didn't request a text. Those last vids were disturbing.:eek:

L

labtek

Reaction score
how long would it take to mill 18 full zirconia units in one puck? including the time to input the design into the cam software.

Does anyone have an estimate on how long it takes to mill a full puck of FZ single units

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
51D

eats at diamond burs a little faster, but is more stable.

There are some large limitations as they are all sold with monostrat profiles which doesn't allow me to make modifications for special circumstances.

While upgraded Vpanel is nice, SUM3D seems to suffer from glitches. seriously considering moving everything to hyperdent instead.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone have an estimate on how long it takes to mill a full puck of FZ single units
thats going to vary....

type of zirconia...type of mill...how many tools...how many units...etc

if you figure 25 units...approx 17min per unit...approx 7hr

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
51D

There are some large limitations as they are all sold with monostrat profiles which doesn't allow me to make modifications for special circumstances.

While upgraded Vpanel is nice, SUM3D seems to suffer from glitches. seriously considering moving everything to hyperdent instead.
do you have one yourself?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We just milled 20 units of zirconia...took 4.5 hours using the 51D. Therefore if my wood tick math still works, 25 units would be roughly 5.6 hours.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We just milled 20 units of zirconia...took 4.5 hours using the 51D. Therefore if my wood tick math still works, 25 units would be roughly 5.6 hours.
thats pretty good! how many tools you use? whats your smallest tool size?

L

labtek

Reaction score
I am asking about the 51D specifically.

L

labtek

Reaction score
51D

What are the large limitations?
What special circumstances are you needing that 51d doesnt work for.
sum3d glitches? are they glitches that can be resolved with upgrades from the manufacturer or software upgrades

L

labtek

Reaction score

Is this puck still usable for another 5 units? Will you finish using this puck in the next couple of days or will you set this puck in the stack of others on the bench waiting for that day....

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Is this puck still usable for another 5 units? Will you finish using this puck in the next couple of days or will you set this puck in the stack of others on the bench waiting for that day....
Actually, this particular puck is milling out another 7 units right now. We had a few lower anteriors on this one so we were able to get a few more than normal.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Well, he sent me the vids. Unfortunately they were accidentally of his...umm...private life you could say. after realizing his mistake he sent the right ones and seems like everything checks out. Well done sideboob!
So, were they still "One minute video's?" Bahaahahahaa

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score

Guuy.jpg

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
51D

open only the strat via explorer with sum than you can change what you want and save

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
open only the strat via explorer with sum than you can change what you want and save
yes, but this is more along the lines of demanding our resellers to provide the right service. less so about me fiddling with it.