Retirement for a Dental Lab Technician

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Gators got him
He's still working on the webinar, after all this time, I can't wait to see what he comes up with :)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Well, you could say I am semi retired, but busy doing some of my boys dental work, they text me asking, dad, we have a big case do you want to do it? If I want to do it, I would say yes, otherwise, send it somewhere else, out west or east or in between. I still have my third son in third year dental school, so Godwilling he is graduating soon and I want to do some of his dental work as my youngest as well before throwing the towel or may be going bigger.

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I have a year n a half before I can collect full social insecurity. I'm down to four days right now. Stocks need to rebound to help me out in time of retirement. But I can see me working for a local lab part time when I throw in the towel. I have just one son who lives 1400 miles away . No grandkids . So I will need to kill some dead space at that time.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I have a year n a half before I can collect full social insecurity. I'm down to four days right now. Stocks need to rebound to help me out in time of retirement. But I can see me working for a local lab part time when I throw in the towel. I have just one son who lives 1400 miles away . No grandkids . So I will need to kill some dead space at that time.
Come North :)

doug

doug

Reaction score
I've been through this market ride before. Carefully spend your money.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I've been through this market ride before. Carefully spend your money.
Gonna be another year or two before it turns around?...just asking/hedging when to buy is why I asked.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Gonna be another year or two before it turns around?...just asking/hedging when to buy is why I asked.
Could be more than two years, we will probably see a temporary deflationary trend for the USD against other currencies, but eventually will hyperinflate wiping out cash savings. The petro-dollar's days as world reserve currency are numbered, how will it effect us, I could only guess. I wouldn't invest in anything speculative, only in solid ventures which create real value.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Could be more than two years, we will probably see a temporary deflationary trend for the USD against other currencies, but eventually will hyperinflate wiping out cash savings. The petro-dollar's days as world reserve currency are numbered, how will it effect us, I could only guess. I wouldn't invest in anything speculative, only in solid ventures which create real value.
{The petro-dollar's days as world reserve currency are numbered,} I agree

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Borrow heavily just before Armageddon

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Borrow heavily just before Armageddon
To the contrary, try to pay off any debt you might have... banks will happily foreclose on you and rent you back your own home.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
To the contrary, try to pay off any debt you might have... banks will happily foreclose on you and rent you back your own home.
They can have what’s left of it.
That mushroom cloud is not edible.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
They can have what’s left of it.
That mushroom cloud is not edible.
They don't want shroom clouds anywhere... living in underground bunkers gets old after a century or two

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
Tell all your accounts to 🖕
I really wanted to tell off one dentist a some years back, but they retired & denied me that satisfaction before I had the chance. Probably best they went away & that I didn't have to work with them again.

I enjoy my work environment much more the last few years, but I'll be looking to 'retire' early from this business & finding something else to do. I'm in my 40's & work 8-4(Monday-Thursday) & 8-1 on Fridays. Nice work hours, but can't take a month off for vacations. Even the damn dentist's only take at most 1 week off at a time. I need to change this. Not sure how many more years I'll be doing this.

Someone mentioned Costa Rica or Mexico. Costa Rica 100%!