Removable Fees

R

Ryan Vick

Reaction score
So I understand and have looked at the national average price list. So it says right on there that the prices do not include teeth. So say a standard press pack denture shows that it is 248 for total all steps included. So if you had portrait teeth on it(which are about 130 for one arch) would you charge the doctor 378 per arch?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So I understand and have looked at the national average price list. So it says right on there that the prices do not include teeth. So say a standard press pack denture shows that it is 248 for total all steps included. So if you had portrait teeth on it(which are about 130 for one arch) would you charge the doctor 378 per arch?
If you can get it, absolutely. Be sure you're not just charging high because of the teeth. No clue what you're work is like and not saying this is you, but many have gotten caught in the trap of providing "high end dentures" with the only thing high end is the teeth. Bill what the market will bear and what you need.

Going by the price list alone will not give you an accurate assesment of what *you* should bill. How long does it take you in hands on time? How much energy is being used by the devices used in the curing process. How much did the acrylic, wax, stone, and other consumables cost to make one arch. How do you asses for travel time and vehicle maintenance. How much gross profit over materials do you need to end up with wages, taxes, and a net net profit?

All that said, I'm lazy too! I have still not done the math on 1/2 of what I should, and I doubt few of us here have actually done time studies to see if we're correct in our assumptions.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I always markup 1.5. I'm not a bank.
Dr wants to save money, they can provide the teeth.
If I provide them they're a profit center. It's just business.

Ps I think your base labor figure is about a hundred bucks too low

corona

corona

Reaction score
you need to know what your fixed expenses are . (rent , ele, ins. etc) you need to know what your consumables costs are . you need to know what your labor hours are (this is what can vary ) you need to know what your delivery and pickup costs are as a fixed number .

All this excluding teeth , since teeth vary so radically in price point . Kinda like metal cost for C@B labs.

Then once you know what it cost YOU to make a FF , compare that to the national average , what you area will bear , and go from there . Most of all ...... you need to know what it costs you . I would add in a small percentage for remakes ,redos , F-ups both on your side and clinical ... its gonna happen . If you dont know what your costs are then you will never know what your lowest price can be ....which is the most important thing . Did i mention , you need to know what your costs are ? :) Best of luck and congrats .

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
you need to know what your fixed expenses are . (rent , ele, ins. etc) you need to know what your consumables costs are . you need to know what your labor hours are (this is what can vary ) you need to know what your delivery and pickup costs are as a fixed number .

All this excluding teeth , since teeth vary so radically in price point . Kinda like metal cost for C@B labs.

Then once you know what it cost YOU to make a FF , compare that to the national average , what you area will bear , and go from there . Most of all ...... you need to know what it costs you . I would add in a small percentage for remakes ,redos , F-ups both on your side and clinical ... its gonna happen . If you dont know what your costs are then you will never know what your lowest price can be ....which is the most important thing . Did i mention , you need to know what your costs are ? :) Best of luck and congrats .
I agree. Always run your numbers.

I still feel you shouldn't give teeth at cost( or alloy, any outsource, implant parts, attachment components). You tie up your capital for no gain while the dr gets paid up front at time of procedure.

Less than 250 as national average sounds low to me, that could skew his perception of what the market will bear.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
What are these removable fleas you want to know about?........What?.....Oh Fees.......nevermind.