QUICK HELP NEEDED implant screw?

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
Ok, I have an account who likes NT trading hybrid crowns but insists on using original manufactured screws. I am doing a hybrid crown on a Zimmer tsv 3.5 (green) with nt trading R800 parts and need to know which screw to order from zimmer. i thought they had only one screw for the system but was told that there are several. can someone please compare an NT trading zimmer screw to a Zimmer screw and give me a part number or something?
I am really running out of time on this one!
Thanks,
Ryan

user name

user name

Reaction score
Zimmer uses a different screw for the sraight abutments, angled and Zr; straights come in 2 lengths. I think you need MHLAS...thats the short, straight.

long straight...HLTS2
angled Ti...AH2OS

user name

user name

Reaction score
2015-06-03 22.57.35.jpg
This is Zimmer. No taper, unless its so subtle I cant see it.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I just went through this with zimmer.

I have the ability to design and mill the screw seat for verification jigs that I am doing. My design library when you look at the seat has a chamfer to the screw seat it. When I see the cad version of the zimmer screw it is beveled as well. I specifically ordered Zimmer screws MHLAS and they are a 90* square seat, when you look at their catalog they have two pictures to their screws using the SAME item number and one is beveled one is not. When I called tech support they thought I was nuts. I show them the page on the PDF and they have no clue.

The screw head on the NT for the Zimmer ti base is much wider and have more bite to the screw seat. The only benefit I can see to use OEM screws are when the company uses a coating "nobel" .

When I tell them if they are that concerned with not using a 3rd party part I offer to use a stock or custom abutment and add $275 to the crown price. The always say NEVERMIND.

I never mix and match, too many things can go wrong, can it work? Most times probably just fine but when it fails it makes me look stupid.

Last edited:
R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
Works for me, I'll send the Zimmer screw and the NT Trading screw along with a note for my own protection.
Thanks a bunch for the quick help!
-Ryan

Top Bottom