Question about CDT practical exam for implants

M

Marko Bajic

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I m getting ready to take all three CDT implants exams on 27th April. To be completely honest I am getting really nervous about them, due to the fact that all three of them are in one day, from yours experience is that bad idea? All advice related to exams preparation and strategies are more than welcome, especially for the practical one. It is really weird to me that they combine fixed and removable areas in the one exam, or I am wrong?

Thank you in advance,

Marko

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
That's a lot for one day. If you're saying the written and practical parts are in one day then it's a bad idea. If just written then you'll be ok.

M

Marko Bajic

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your response, it meant a lot to me. You are right, I was thinking that too. Three exams are way to much in one day. I will try to separate them in two different days. Do you have any other suggestions about exams?

Best wishes,

Marko

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Its not too much.. I did it and many others also. If you know one, you know them all.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
If it's three written exams you are ok, just take the practicle part another time. Some people breeze through, others fall apart. I had a guy taking the practical part of the test, sitting across from me that nearly had a nervous breakdown:) I borrowed somebody elses vacuum forming machine to make a baseplate because , well i didn't know that you could use one and was trying to make one with quick cure acrylic. They'll break your denture and you have to put it back together again plus set up a maxillary denture. I don't know what the implant test will do. Most people brought their equipment in on dollies,
I had a rolling chair that i piled everything on. you don't want to do that and written all in the same day.....

M

Marko Bajic

Reaction score
I see what are you saying. My original plan was to take two written exams and the practical too. I am very curious to find out more about implants practical exam because it's a new thing and I wonder what experience had people who took it....

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Why are you taking a CDT test if you are in Serbia?

M

Marko Bajic

Reaction score
I am an American living in Serbia in past five years and I am planing to move back home sometimes this year.*That is the reason why I am taking CDT exams.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
cool! I also am an american living abroad, returning to the states.. I also wanted to take the implant cdt this year, but doesnt look like I will be able.. Are you taking it in FL?

M

Marko Bajic

Reaction score
Yes, it should be in FL unless something change my plans in last minute. Don't worry I will let you know everything about exams as soon as I finish them. I will try to use my time back home to explore job opportunities. I will look FL, GA, and SC, don't have a clue what to expect...Where you at right now?

Top Bottom