Procera scan,Nobel scanners,convert to STL?

C

chosen

Reaction score
How to unlock Nobel scanners?
How do i convert Procera scan into .stl file format?

We use 3shape+hyermill+hypercad+hyerdent+CNC 5-axis machines.

D

digitalcadcam1

Reaction score
Let me know when you figure it out? It's closed for a reason. - why would you want to?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
i dare say they would have very good programmers constantly updating security on the procera gear. as soon as they loose the scanner the loose the income from the milling.

i wish you the best of luck though. maybe get a programmer to have a look at it. they will be able to tell you if it can be done or not.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
The scan is in an stl format already. The design could be reverse engineered...

C

chosen

Reaction score
Anyone knows that Which files are from Procera scanner?
My clint ask for that :Is possible to convert Procera scan files into .stl ?

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
FYI
We have a free trial of our Studio software with our dcm converter Add-On... see what you think..the converter has not been tested so your feedback would be great. Geomagic Labs: 3D Software for Creating 3D Models from 3D Scanner Data
or you could try this free converter version InVesalius - Trac

I stand corrected....apparently 3Shape has named their files ".dcm", but they are not in anyway related to the true medical .dcm DICOM files. I don't know why 3 Shape named theirs the same, although I can imagine. Sorry for getting everyone excited. You could always try our software. If their output is in points it will work. If it is in polygons, it won't, and it is probably in polygons. (addendum-I just found out it is in triangles so it will not work with ours but Rhino has a Plug-In if you wanna shell out the bucks)

Sorry guys,
k

Last edited:
K

kmgold1234

www.dess-usa.com
Reaction score
i worked for optimet on the scanner
which scanner- the new procera or the old piccolo/forte.
the old piccolo/forte created points and the new procera is stl
but it is a locked system
there is a way to get these systems unlocked but you need some high priced attorney to protect you when nobel finds out.....

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
We do have a converter. Stay tuned

K

kmgold1234

www.dess-usa.com
Reaction score
geomagic piano

can you share any more info on what this will do or how it can integrate with other existing scanners in the market.....
i knew that you had some plugins that you can try and they work pretty well according to one of my friends who is a geomagic reseller

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
can you share any more info on what this will do or how it can integrate with other existing scanners in the market.....
i knew that you had some plugins that you can try and they work pretty well according to one of my friends who is a geomagic reseller

Right now, since things are in their infancy and changes are rife, the thinking is to keep things on the down-low, but information should be forthcoming soon. :D

gzarrov

gzarrov

Reaction score
Call Delcam .. They have a program that can convert procera files ..

C

cadcamnew

Reaction score
Hi all, There are softwares to convert Piccolo/Procera files in Stl, the big problem i think it's for the new Nobel optical scanner because its output is in Stl but it's encrypted maybe with an internal Password.

To Kmgold1234: I visited your site today and it's interesting, can you contact me with a private message at [email protected] ?

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I am sure there are alot of piccolo owners ,myself included, that would be interested in converting to STL files.

Rick1230

Rick1230

Reaction score
The 2G are supporting by exocad with workflow integration in the version by Optimet.
So maybe there a other scansoftware available to work with them.

And with dental-sharper i think you can use the Files from nobel.
Not sure

and by The Exocad version of ZZ you can convert c3s(nobel) to obj.

Last edited:
Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Well...as far a ppl know...I am one of the reason why the Nobel scanner (new one) is encrypted (if you don't go read about me)
If you want to open it there is one solution : Send e-mail to EXOCAD, ask them to find a solution, they did UNLOCK the 3shape scanner to be compatible with exocad and my little finger tell me that Tillman the owner of Exocad know how to "hack" the Nobel Scanner to unlock it and get STL files.

Now concerning legal stuff, go read about locked cell phone you will understand that it YOUR scanner, not their, once you have paid it what you do with it, it your own business same with your locked cellphone if you unlock your, let's says AT&T phone, because you want to switch carrier they can't do anything against you.

D

dentmaster

Reaction score
well I spoke with several people, says that Optimet made contract with Nobel to keep it locked. however also mentioning that there are some people who actually opened Procera 2G with exocad.....

Since I have 2 of Proceras I am hoping to open just one with exocad...

i am will to offer $$ to who can open my Procera with exocad....

[email protected]

D

DigitalAcrylics

Reaction score
Ive looked into this issue and offer the following information:

rumor from very credible source: Nobel is going to offer an exocad this year.

There is a software application that the techs at nobel have to interface with the scanner that will generate an stl file. There have been instances where this application was left on the clients machines and they can be found in the wild, though i have never found one.

The scanner is dongle controlled. it would be possible to convert the scanner with an optimet dongle if you can get your hands on one.

Optimet is protective over their relationship with nobel so they aren't very helpful with conversions.

With the cost of scanners dropping daily it may be more practical to add an open platform scanner.

Top Bottom