printing patterns for pressing or casting

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
Alright you techie techs. What would it cost a lab for a 3D printing system, scanner, software, printer, materials and computer. I know there are a lot of systems out there, but how much for the system you think is the best bang for the buck? I have visited a number of web-sites and all of them want to contact you. This is something I cannot invest in now, but maybe someday. The only problem I have is that in order to figure out a budget for it I would have to get a sales call every week.
Some companies of modularized set-ups, where you start with the scanner and outsource the rest until you can step up your production and justify a printer. This could be an option too. Your two cents would be great.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
$100,000 new

$30k used

You want one?

I included all the parts necessary for a printing system.

Used 3M scanner only....$7k for older style w/new software
$19 for newer style ST Scanner

Last edited:
Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
Tempting, but $30K is still out of my budget at the moment. When I am ready I will be sure to get in touch with you. This is my first year as a lab owner, my lab will be one year old in March. Someday I will be ready, sooner than later I hope.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Going directly from that scan to a crown, without a model is my goal.

There is no error to dogpile and get worse.

Who can find the shortest path?! I guess technically we need to find out the amount of error in each step, but scan to crown has the potential for the fewest introductions of error.

Did I leave anything out? I might want to save this for later use. Eventually I will color code by what is done by a dentist vs. lab tech. You guys can get first dibs on color choice.

How can I make images show up directly in my post without using an url?

-Patrick
restoration fabrication.jpg

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Who can find the shortest path?! I guess technically we need to find out the amount of error in each step, but scan to crown has the potential for the fewest introductions of error.

Did I leave anything out? I might want to save this for later use. Eventually I will color code by what is done by a dentist vs. lab tech. You guys can get first dibs on color choice.

How can I make images show up directly in my post without using an url?

-Patrick

Looks good to me Patrick! Excellent!

Illustrates my point perfectly. Everywhere there is work done my hand there should be a yellow caution plaque (!) Dentists in red, labs in blue. If you click on the little square with the mountain, and put the url for the picture you have, it will show in your post, not as a little box below it.

Last edited:
GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
What a deal!

$100,000 new

$30k used

You want one?

I included all the parts necessary for a printing system.

Used 3M scanner only....$7k for older style w/new software
$19 for newer style ST Scanner

How can I contact you privately?