Pricing to an Periodontist

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I work for a Periodontist who can't get Zir abutments for the tri-lobe implants he uses. His options are to get the Zir abutments from Nobel @ $285 a piece or to get Atlantis abutments from me. He would rather get the Atlantis abutments if they are close in price. We normally charge $370 for an Atlantis Zir. I am thinking about charging him $315. What do you guys think about this? I don't mind charging him less than we normally charge our GPs because many times, all i do is modify a stock abutment for him and get him an Atlantis abutment and then that case goes to the lab the GP uses. Sometimes those cases come back to us so he does generate work for us. My lab's owner is a bit hesitant at charging a discounted rate.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
I work for a Periodontist who can't get Zir abutments for the tri-lobe implants he uses. His options are to get the Zir abutments from Nobel @ $285 a piece or to get Atlantis abutments from me. He would rather get the Atlantis abutments if they are close in price. We normally charge $370 for an Atlantis Zir. I am thinking about charging him $315. What do you guys think about this? I don't mind charging him less than we normally charge our GPs because many times, all i do is modify a stock abutment for him and get him an Atlantis abutment and then that case goes to the lab the GP uses. Sometimes those cases come back to us so he does generate work for us. My lab's owner is a bit hesitant at charging a discounted rate.

i dont blame your boss for being hesitant, why should you have to drop your $- he is not going to show that courtesy to the patient- it is another $55 for him- dont sell yourself short -all i do is modify a stock abutment for him and get him an Atlantis abutment it is your knowlegde of the the case needs that enables you to provide that to him-
imo even at the 315 he still may decide to go with noble and then you have lowered your fee for no reason- if you get a account stricly on price you are going to lose them for the same reason

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Wot daffff???????? Well said Greg

Last edited: