Newbie to implants

B

Boozy woozy

Reaction score
Hi experts . hope all are well and doing great.
Im relatively new to restorations over implants. Up until now ive made crowns over tooth preps. I have a digital system (MEDIT/ROLAND) (EXOCAD )

I have a client that places a number of implants. He uses biohorizon and in some instances bicon .. sometimes collectively on full arch cases.

What would i require from a scanning perspective to get the ball rolling on milling out restorations over implants.. the required lab components and the functions of each component? sorry to sound blue but im very new to implants and the digital world ..
The doc normally sends his impressions with the analogue and the abutment..

Also , are there any particular disadvantages or limitations to sandblasting abutments and scanning them , while making the crown over them normally through exocad as though you were designing it over a normal tooth structured abutment ?

Thanks for listening guys :)

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
For creating a cementable pfm or zirconia or emax ontop of an existing stock abutment - you pour up the model with the analog, create soft tissue, prep the abutment, scan the abutment and design the crown, etc.

if you want screw retained zirconia cemented to a ti base you will then need the scan body, library file and ti base for the implant system you are restoring (either from the manufacturer or aftermarket providers). Exocad has numerous library files loaded already.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
For creating a cementable pfm or zirconia or emax ontop of an existing stock abutment - you pour up the model with the analog, create soft tissue, prep the abutment, scan the abutment and design the crown, etc.

if you want screw retained zirconia cemented to a ti base you will then need the scan body, library file and ti base for the implant system you are restoring (either from the manufacturer or aftermarket providers). Exocad has numerous library files loaded already.
Look at Keith getting all Dental Technician.;)

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
if you ask me to tell you what shade something is you will realize I am completely colorblind...:)

dentaltech76

dentaltech76

Reaction score
If you are doing totally digital no models you will need scanbodies from whatever company the Dr is using (core 3d, nt, biodenta, ect...) get the ti base or design an abutment.

Top Bottom