price comparison

Lester

Lester

Reaction score
:deadhorse:What do I tell the Dr.s that pay 100.00 for as full zircon crown that an Emax is worth 50.00 more?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Your not comparing apples to apples.......At this time, your doctor will never use full contour zir on anteriors.
Is it worth the saving for the doctor to use zirconia on a molars rather than using emax... yea, for sure , if he wants to save $$, and is not looking for better esthetics......Bruxer patient, yes for sure with zirconia.
To answer your question, full contour zirconia and emax are not in the same league, two different materials with advantges and disadvantages with both materials.
Educate your doctor on both materials, and also ask what brand of full contour zirconia he's receiving, it maybe a cheap knockoff..
Full contour materials, BruxZir, emax, are going to drive the market with low prices, you must join in and offer both or lose the business.

Last edited:
Lester

Lester

Reaction score
The guys coming out ahead are the Dr.s they have never gotten crown & bridge work so inexpensively since I've been at the bench. You're right,low prices are a realty and I hope those Walmart Labs don't go any lower

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Well this is the CAD/CAM revolution finally beginning to hit, and personally i see prices going allot lower.

Either a case of getting into cad/cam to compete in this market or make sure your skills are at a level where you can service the high end.

Trying to compete in this level of the market without cad/cam is or soon will be hopeless.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
you have to decide what is better for and your lab- we are trying to turn all of our

posterior PFMs in to emax( stain and glaze)- as far as fee to the DR we kept it simple

same price they were paying for a pfm. - it has been a win -win for all concerned

C

charles007

Reaction score
you have to decide what is better for and your lab- we are trying to turn all of our

posterior PFMs in to emax( stain and glaze)- as far as fee to the DR we kept it simple

same price they were paying for a pfm. - it has been a win -win for all concerned

I was thinking on the same lines, then decided to split the difference in price with my pfms. I bill my monolithic emax between my pfms and pfm with shoulder margins.....Doctor billed less than a pfm with a shoulder margin and happy to save $. Win Win for me and the docs.

Lester, have you thought about buying a scanner, or buying a scanner without the cad software. Checkout the Delcam scanner and Solutionix scanner, these sale between $7500. to 12k for scanning only. You can buy the cad software later.
Both of these scanners are cheaper than 3shape, and I've personally seen the scans are more accurate than 3shape on my Delcam scanner, not that anything is wrong with a 3Shape scanner. B&D that sells both Solutions and 3shape says Solutionx is slightly more accurate than 3Shape.
I'm not bashing 3Shape, they are the leader in scanners, but there are cheaper scanners to choose from without the higher cost of expensive updates.
Amann Girrbach also has a nice scanner that is cheaper priced with much cheaper yearly update cost.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
What software can you run with the delcam scanner Charles?

C

charles007

Reaction score
What software can you run with the delcam scanner Charles?

If you talking about buying the scanner without the DentCad, its over my pay scale,,, I don't know. It is an open system system.
What I have learned, the scanner comes with a CD, and a Delcam CD for the CAD design to install...........Scanner is made by iMetric. This scanner is a newer version of an older iMetric scanner with NEW software made by Delcam. My best guess, any brand.... Who do you call if you buy outside of Delcams CAD software ? ... I personally would not do that... On the other hand, its done all the time with CAM software... Have yet to find anyone using 3Shapes Cam software !
Sorry, can only answer the simple questions .

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
If you talking about buying the scanner without the DentCad, its over my pay scale,,, I don't know. It is an open system system.
What I have learned, the scanner comes with a CD, and a Delcam CD for the CAD design to install...........Scanner is made by iMetric. This scanner is a newer version of an older iMetric scanner with NEW software made by Delcam. My best guess, any brand.... Who do you call if you buy outside of Delcams CAD software ? ... I personally would not do that... On the other hand, its done all the time with CAM software... Have yet to find anyone using 3Shapes Cam software !
Sorry, can only answer the simple questions .

Can you repeat that? Didnt catch it the first time.....:D:D:D

C

charles007

Reaction score
Can you repeat that? Didnt catch it the first time.....:D:D:D

Sorry Troy, the White Light fried my brain this past weekend while working with that scanner........

Lester

Lester

Reaction score
Outsourcing was going to cost me &70. So I would pickup pour models make dies articulate wax crown stain and glaze deliver to Dr. all for $50. For 5 outsource crowns a month I can invest in my own Emax set. The P3000 works great . I have done 8 presses and have had good sucess so far. Even if you outsource they make more than you just to process your work. Am I bad?

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
I think really for your main scanner/cad combination you need a solution which is properly integrated.

Importing and exporting STL's for stuff on the side is fine but this would get real time consuming for the bulk of the daily work.

When you look at all the"open source" solutions, I'm not sure there are that many that allow you to mix and match whilst maintaining this integration. Usually you are tied into the same scanner and manufacturer in this respect.

Maybe someone knows different..