PressVest vs Zubler 144 press investment

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
Outside of cost, can anyone tell me if they prefer Zubler 144 press investment… and why?
I am currently pressing e.max in a Zubler Vario Press 300.e and utilizing the Advanced Press programs for both Zubler/e.max and Ivoclar/e.max.
I have found the Zubler 144 to be "temperamental" in both the speed and overnight burnouts whereas the two Ivoclar investments seem to yield more consistent results and are less technique sensitive, particularly with debubblizer and "dry scraping" and creating potential dust inclusions vs clean-up with water before burnout. For the speed burn, that is.
At half the cost it's tempting but can't convince myself its worth the hassle.
Is anyone else having any issues, likes, dislikes?
Thanks.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Get yourself some PCI Plus investment from pentron. Yes you can only get from dreaded empire zahn.
Best stuff ever, third less than ivo, and made by the people that developed LDS. anD IVO owns them now under the Ardent umbrella. Best ratio is 12liq-13dist h2o.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ordering another box of 144 today. Great stuff, better price than eviclar. Havent used it for overnight burns, only speed. The support with Chris is worth using zubler products. Beside that it works, if you use it right.

user name

user name

Reaction score
144. All I use. No problems.

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
Ordering another box of 144 today. Great stuff, better price than eviclar. Havent used it for overnight burns, only speed. The support with Chris is worth using zubler products. Beside that it works, if you use it right.
Maybe I'm not using it correctly… Would you mind telling me your liquid/water mixing ratios, setting time, and ring clean-up procedure for the speed technique? do you keep the investment ring completely dry prior to burnout, or rinse off?

Last edited:
Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
144. All I use. No problems.
Would you mind telling me your liquid/water mixing ratios, setting time, and ring clean-up procedure for the speed technique? do you keep the investment ring completely dry prior to burnout, or rinse off?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Would you mind telling me your liquid/water mixing ratios, setting time, and ring clean-up procedure for the speed technique? do you keep the investment ring completely dry prior to burnout, or rinse off?
Pressing e.max and ZirPress; 100gm= 17 liquid, 8 water. 15 minute bench set into hot (845) oven for 1 hour. I dry grind the end of ring, and with my finger over the hole, grind a bevel on part of the press end so it sits nice leaned in the back of the oven. No rinse.

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
Pressing e.max and ZirPress; 100gm= 17 liquid, 8 water. 15 minute bench set into hot (845) oven for 1 hour. I dry grind the end of ring, and with my finger over the hole, grind a bevel on part of the press end so it sits nice leaned in the back of the oven. No rinse.
Thanks… I do almost the same. Slightly longer bench-set - 18 min. I like your idea about a cutting a bevel on the press side. I have some grooves I cut into the floor trays of my burnout for the same purpose but your trick gives you a lot more placement options!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Instead of risking getting debris down the hole, save the wafer that forms in the leveling cap and prop your ring for burnout on that, angling back in the burnout oven.;)

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
Instead of risking getting debris down the hole, save the wafer that forms in the leveling cap and prop your ring for burnout on that, angling back in the burnout oven.;)
Yet another good idea! Do you cut a "V" in it or just wedge it under the ring?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
No, no V. Just prop the edge on it so hole is exposed (hole side down) and ring is angled towards back of oven.

Top Bottom