Porosity in Emax pressings using Zubler Vario Press

PearlySweetKate

PearlySweetKate

Reaction score
I am also having this issue, with my Pulse press to metal system. I am burning out at 1600, and my Pulse ingot is being pressed at 1688 (920 C). I occasionally have an issue with a bubble in emax, but it's much more rare. I use a Zubler Vario Press 300. My emax ingot presses at 916 C (1680). I have altered the emax program after discussing it with Chris from Zubler, as I was having a lot of emax mispresses. I haven't had an emax mispress in a while. But I am having a lot of porosity in my Pulse press to metal ingots. Any advice? :) Sorry to piggyback on this thread; it was here and thought whatever advice came of it the OP might appreciate reading as well.

Thanks,

Kate

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I am also having this issue, with my Pulse press to metal system. I am burning out at 1600, and my Pulse ingot is being pressed at 1688 (920 C). I occasionally have an issue with a bubble in emax, but it's much more rare. I use a Zubler Vario Press 300. My emax ingot presses at 916 C (1680). I have altered the emax program after discussing it with Chris from Zubler, as I was having a lot of emax mispresses. I haven't had an emax mispress in a while. But I am having a lot of porosity in my Pulse press to metal ingots. Any advice? :) Sorry to piggyback on this thread; it was here and thought whatever advice came of it the OP might appreciate reading as well.

Thanks,

Kate
Hi, could certainly be a time / temperature problem, porosity suggests to high or to long. Perhaps drop temp 1st and record outcome. It's a real play on those 2 factors. Also try calibrating burnout furnace and pressing furnace so that you know where they are and have a recorded bench mark. Test and succeed [emoji4]

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Kate, give me a call and lets discuss the changes we implemented and what is happening now. Will be happy to assist.

Top Bottom