Pressing implant frams/crowns

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Jim, does the zir post not adhere to the e.Max material after pressing? Just wondering if you are allowing the post to lay in the wax pattern during investing or if you are supporting it somehow so it doesn't touch the sides of the pattern.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Tip to help support narrow implant pressings, and prevent the investment breakage you are experiencing ... I use a zirconium post long enough to go inside the wax pattern plus 3mm, insert this into pattern during the final stages of investing, and it will support the investment during pressing, and give you great implant pressings. Clean up the post with glass beads, and it is ready for your next implant case. Quick, simple, and this has never failed me :)

your 100% on the money with this! If you have any cosmoposts in the lab (either the 1.3mm or 1.7mm works equally fine) use those to stabilze the waxup during investing. invest right up to the bottom of the wax-up then place a brush-full of investment into the wax-up, then place your cosmopost GENTLY until you feel it touch the bottom of your wax-up - back it off 1 or 2 mm. so it doesnt touch the wax, then GET IT OFF THE VIBRATOR and finish investing by hand. works like a charm!!!

J

jimbdl

Reaction score
Brett ... The zirconium post will not adhere to the e.Max material. Sixonice described how to invest these cases perfectly. Cosmopost work great, or I have some old Zirconium dowel pins from making refractory dies. They work great, and now have a new use instead of sitting in the closet.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys!