Press to metal

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
hi, there, is there anyone doing any press to metal? If so please pm me I have some questions.
Thank you!

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
I do- oops I mean I did until I retiredCheers, Jensen's Pulse system

doug

doug

Reaction score
Just can't give it up, can you. At least post retirement pics

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Just taking a break, it's been nothing but house repairs and not all deferred either. First old family home in Minnesota so it can be sold, now ours : redoing all the water lines to & in our house, installing flashing that turns out weren't installed when it was re-roofed, on the eaves hoping that will slow down the leaks until the walls can be opened up ( perils of an eave-less house in rain country) to replace rotten siding and extending new eaves. Let's not get into issues with contractors who were lined up this spring who flaked and too late for proper repairs this fall and trying to find a new contractor, and being told by a couple that the job is "too small", having the furnace serviced and told that the heater exchange is showing old age signs and no more replacement parts available, dealing with a very hyper active apple tree, and trying to can 40 lbs of tuna and having 2 pressure cookers fail, gaskets were ok day before . . .who says retirement is fun! But yeah, retirement is grand!!

Ask me again in 6 month photo.JPG

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Everyone I know who's retired says the same thing... they're busier now than when they were working...hmm

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
Hey, we already know who you are. Why don't you just ask the questions here?

Don't really wanna waste people's time. But I guess I was wondering what systems people are using, what percentage of work they do this way and what is their success rates and manufacturer reccomendations?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Don't really wanna waste people's time. But I guess I was wondering what systems people are using, what percentage.......
Waste people's time?
It wouldn't be a very interesting forum for the lurkers if everything happened if everything happened via PM.

A

adl

Reaction score
I don't use any press to metal system. For some reason I find them redundant and not practical. By the time you complete all those steps I'm done building a PFM butt joints included and it looks better. Nowadays I don't do that many either.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i use press over metal from GC for the bulk of my PFMs....though thats not much any more.
works great, no complaints.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I don't use any press to metal system. For some reason I find them redundant and not practical. By the time you complete all those steps I'm done building a PFM butt joints included and it looks better. Nowadays I don't do that many either.
i bet scanning and designing a split file 3 unit bridge can be done FAR faster than your building and butt margins. just sayin. no steam tears, shrinkage, etc to contend with. just because you dont see the use, doesnt mean there isnt one.
not to mention, while my mill is going to town on the split files, i can do something else. which means more productivity.

A

adl

Reaction score
i bet scanning and designing a split file 3 unit bridge can be done FAR faster than your building and butt margins. just sayin. no steam tears, shrinkage, etc to contend with. just because you dont see the use, doesnt mean there isnt one.
not to mention, while my mill is going to town on the split files, i can do something else. which means more productivity.
Well, we all work within systems and this system allows me to create the best looking restaurantions and be the most efficient .

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Well, we all work within systems and this system allows me to create the best looking restaurantions and be the most efficient .
how many PFMs are you doing? mine have dropped so drastically that it might not be cost effective to keep doing them

A

adl

Reaction score
how many PFMs are you doing? mine have dropped so drastically that it might not be cost effective to keep doing them
Not that many, they come in spurts though. 25 a month give or take