Power die saw

A

AL1

Reaction score
Has anyone used or seen the Ferarro power die saw.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what, this thing? blech.

try this instead. scarier, but a lot better, and no more busted/dull blades.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Cost, $2800 vs 1200 for fearro saw.
Watched the utube video.

A

AL1

Reaction score
If you haven't used it how can you have a valid opinion?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the schick saw ive used, and used a lot. i highly recommend it over the ferrarro saw. its much akin to a power chisel, it vibrates in your hand, making it difficult to get a steady bead unless you hold it upside down, or use a jig.

no such cacophony of parephanalia is necessary with the schick saw. its blade is much thinner and gives off much less dust. it is also laser guided so you can see the cut without having the draw on the model. this saves time.

it also will cut through an implant analog, so be careful. even if you do, though, the life of your blade isnt dimmed by much. if you successfully avoid the analogs your blade will last you well over 50 000 cases (i can vouch for that). in the 7 years i worked for Aurum toronto, we only changed the blade maybe twice. this is the last production saw you will ever buy.

it produces super straight, smooth die walls. no strange curves from the hand saw.

i once cut a renfert pin clean in half Lengthwise (bad pin placement on my part) (by accident) with it and never even noticed.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Thank you, that is the kind of info I am looking for.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
We use the Schick saw to cut all our dies. Laser guided is a plus and so is the vacuum connection. Have been using it for many years.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
What's wrong with using a hand piece and 40mm disk?

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
What's wrong with using a hand piece and 40mm disk?

Nothing wrong there...the disk can also be used on a lathe and it will get the job done fairly well. Not all techs have that coordination...especially on a a lower full arch case as an example.

However, the Schick saw is a little more precise and consistent. I think it is a little safer too...as it has a safety feature.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I dont have a saw in the house. Hate it.

I use my hand piece. I have a small diamond serated disc I make a small cut with from the occlusial side. Then my giant serated diamond disk to cut the rest from the bottom to complete the sectioning.

Then you have no saw cuts on the base, and no giant gaps between dies and neighboring teeth. You get some nice model work done this way.

If you can, always use your piece.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score

I use my hand piece. I have a small diamond serated disc I make a small cut with from the occlusial side. Then my giant serated diamond disk to cut the rest from the bottom to complete the sectioning.

Then you have no saw cuts on the base, and no giant gaps between dies and neighboring teeth. You get some nice model work done this way.

Nice technique...

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score

Nice technique...

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score

Nice technique...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

very similar to the way i do it. great results, almost never any issues with cuts, and excellent looking models. though i dont use a giant disk

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Trimming the base is very important. I see pictures of may bases left to thick and that makes them harder to section and easier to rock side to side. A lathe can work well and you have the lathe to use for other things instead of an expensive one trick pony.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Trimming the base is very important. I see pictures of may bases left to thick and that makes them harder to section and easier to rock side to side. A lathe can work well and you have the lathe to use for other things instead of an expensive one trick pony.
There's no need to trim my bases. Not really sure your technique, but it's not needed (for mine)

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
very similar to the way i do it. great results, almost never any issues with cuts, and excellent looking models. though i dont use a giant disk
Yea I can do without the large diameter disk if I trim a short cast. And I have one disk I hide from everyone to keep it prestine and use just for sectioning large veneer cases....