Porc/high noble alloy options

user name

user name

Reaction score
I don't do much with alloys any more, but I need to order some gold. Ive been using Aurium Surebond 65SF with InLine porcelain. Do you have any very low silver, not too high on the palladium alloy that you like?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Why order any alloy?

Why not send the file to Argen ? save your cash

user name

user name

Reaction score
I guess that's an option...I didn't think of that. how is the quality? what alloy have you received from them?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
They have a whole list from fgc's to pfms.

Pay as you go. I wouldn't use them if the quality wasn't very good.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
As much as I hate to give credence to rkm's opinions, he's right. We use Argen for all the pfm frames we get that fall within their unit parameters (6 or less for noble alloy). I think its $22/unit and if you send more than 10 shipping is free.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive been looking at their specs...Im debating between the Argedent 54, Argedent 40, and the Argedent Euro.

Thoughts?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think you should pick one.

I use Argelite 61:p

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Euro works well for me. I have not tried the others though. It can be done using SLM.

user name

user name

Reaction score
The SLM is probably the way to go. Its been so long since Ive called and ordered an ounce of alloy that I cant remember if I called Aurium or some reseller. I checked with Jensen on something close to 65SF and was shocked at the price. Now Ill have to figure out on the 3shape how to make a lingual collar that follows the desired contour of the tooth. I had sent in a few files to try some crappy SLM NP and realized the collar was just straight to almost under contoured.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im not clear...Looking at:
http://www.argendigital.com/Home/Product
Is there a difference between SLM and DPM?

Im thinking that the DPM is a printed pattern that they cast? Same alloys but different method of manufacturing?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I prefer dpm when I need to polish a metal occlusion or large metal band because the alloy is denser from induction casting over slm.

I find that Argen's expansion ratio is better than Bego's cadcast. Bego was always too tight and I had to ream out the copings or crowns.

Argen 's fit perfectly for my liking.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I prefer dpm when I need to polish a metal occlusion or large metal band because the alloy is denser from induction casting over slm.

I find that Argen's expansion ratio is better than Bego's cadcast. Bego was always too tight and I had to ream out the copings or crowns.

Argen 's fit perfectly for my liking.
But...Argen also produces high noble frames from SLM? How do the fits, margins, oxides etc. compare?

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Now Ill have to figure out on the 3shape how to make a lingual collar that follows the desired contour of the tooth. I had sent in a few files to try some crappy SLM NP and realized the collar was just straight to almost under contoured.

If you select anatomical framework instead of straight coping, you can design full contour then place the line anywhere. Like when you do facial cutbacks, instead just make a collar.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
But...Argen also produces high noble frames from SLM? How do the fits, margins, oxides etc. compare?

I prefer a waxed margin to an slm margin ( more dense).

I don't recall the fit being a problem.

Oxides are not an issue if you stay away from np /chome crap.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
If you're set on in house casting your HN, consider that Ivoclar sells in 5g lots. I do so very few of these that it helps keep the alloy off the shelf. Yes, there is definitely a markup on the smaller amount but it's better than having the bulk of an ounce of alloy sitting around. More all the time I send for SLM/ cad-cast, but for the one's where there is no time....

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
The SLM is probably the way to go. Its been so long since Ive called and ordered an ounce of alloy that I cant remember if I called Aurium or some reseller. I checked with Jensen on something close to 65SF and was shocked at the price. Now Ill have to figure out on the 3shape how to make a lingual collar that follows the desired contour of the tooth. I had sent in a few files to try some crappy SLM NP and realized the collar was just straight to almost under contoured.

In exocad, it is very simple to add a lingual collar for zirconia coping or wax coping etc. I do not know much about 3shape.

Last edited:
erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
If you're set on in house casting your HN, consider that Ivoclar sells in 5g lots. I do so very few of these that it helps keep the alloy off the shelf. Yes, there is definitely a markup on the smaller amount but it's better than having the bulk of an ounce of alloy sitting around. More all the time I send for SLM/ cad-cast, but for the one's where there is no time....

Argen will also sell 5dwt's increments. Ask your local rep!

Top Bottom