rkm rdt

Reaction score
A2 roundhouse pmma from my 3Shape design and diagnostic w/u

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos481.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos482.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos483.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos478.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos480.jpg
ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos481.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos482.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos483.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos478.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos480.jpg

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Nice! Did u mill yourself? Did it come out smooth? Tough to polish?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I sent the file to a local milling centre since I only have the scanner.I sent the scan the afternoon I went on vacation and received the bridge the day I got back :)

It comes out as smooth as you design it however it does require minor polishing with pumice and a bristle brush.

I could make a denture with this stuff!

T

Tooth Geek

Reaction score
Nice work RKM! Great transfer from wax up to digital. Those incisal edges are bangin...and they're only temps. Lets hope the doc only used temp cement or we may have the patient doing a runner.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks TG,
Patient is booked in for immediate extractions soon.There are only 4 abutment teeth left.
Hope to get intra oral pix from Dr.

graeme

graeme

Reaction score
GC's optiglaze also works well and if you want to enhance the anteriors use their composite bonding agent and apply Gradia as an overlay

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks Graeme,

I was prepared to apply an incisal ( 3M Sinfony) however it turned out better than I had expected.

It's good to know that it can be customized ,which also means that in the event of fracture,the dentist can directly repair the bridge chairside.

I am really loving this material,in fact I am expecting delivery of some full contour crowns.
2 will be cast in gold and 2 will be pressed in Emax.

I will document these cases.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Pretty RKM, I'm with the geek, you're going to have a runner for sure :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
At $60.00/tooth, I'm ok with that.

I could do those all day :)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Beautiful temps.

Too nice, now your going to have to match it with the finals, not always easy.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I was thinking of sending it to you :)

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
only 4 abutments, is that stuff that strong? long term while implants integrate too?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's the strongest material I could use without making a frame.I made the connectors as large as possible and I can always add a palate if necessary.

No implants,pontics are from immediate extractions.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
thats a nice result.

Couple of q's if i may:

HOw much did the milling center charge per unit?

HOw long did the design take in the 3 shape software?

How close was the final result to the wax up in terms of shape, occlusion etc? an exact copy?

What was the marginal fit like? fully closed 360 margins by eye?

most of these PMMA's are around 130mpa if im correct? you rekon this is gonna be stronger than making an acrylic temp with fiber reinforcement?

Just did a 7 unit one with acrylic and reinforcement, took me bloddy ages as it was the first one ive ever done. plus earnt nothing out it as the fiber kit and acylics cost almost as much as the job came to.

Can mill PMMA on me MCXL upto 55mm, b ut the marginal fits are crap like evrything else that comes off it and the burs clog when milling, so scrapped using that.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks Paul,

I haven't received the bill yet but I think they charge about $25/unit cdn

It took me about an hour to scan and design...ok 1 1/2 hours maybe.I'm new at this.

I scanned the diagnostic waxup so the tooth library was pretty close to that.I was able to beef up the connectors in the final design.

The margins were pretty close considering I scanned an unsectioned model.Afterwards I made separate dies and added in a few spots that I had missed.
I am still having difficulties achieving accurate margins in zirconia to be honest.

I have made temps with fibres before which can be a pita.Ihad to find out if I could do one this way and I was quite surprised how simple it actually was.

I hope it lasts as long as it's needed and if I have to make another ,I just have to resend the file.

The Dr is aware of her ability to fix it chairside as well so lets see what happens.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Ok thanks,

Thats a great price compared to the hours it takes to do it manually.

Didnt realize you could scan/design off a solid in 3shape, thats good to hear.

re the design, Let me get this right.. When you scan the wax-up in 3shape you have to position teeth from the libary to roughly fit the ghosted image?

You cant have a direct replicate of the wax-up?

Last edited: