pimp my cerec

E

emerika

Reaction score
I recently built a nice i7 rig with parts I bought online and I was thinking of giving the old cerec redcam the upgrade. I am thinking of getting a core i7 + SSD. Also maybe change the monitor for a bigger one. Any suggestions on the motherboard?

Also, I saw there was a thread on here where it was said that 3.8 would work with redcam. Is that still valid? If so where can the 3.8 be purchased.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
yes the 3.8 works with redcam, you cant use buccal bite and a few other features though.

If you are upgrading your PC to the spec you mention for the sole purpose of running the inlab software, then i can promise you now that you are completely wasting your money.

You will see very little difference in performance.

I Have tested the software on a water cooled quad with an SSD drive and GTX 285 and although there is a very small improvement, theres no way it would justify the upgrade costs.

The software is extremely poorly optimized and doesn't make proper use of newer hardware and you will be very dissapointed.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
sirona uses MSI parts mostly, with the motherboard for bluecam pc being the MSI X58 Pro-E. You could get the higher end MSI X58 Platinum.. or go all out on an ASUS rampage or Gigabyte UD7... but it looks like that's unnecessary.

E

emerika

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Right now it runs 3.6 and the cpu is a core 2 quad with 4gigs of ram.

It's unfortunate you can't use buccal bite but I guess they had to disable that feature to sell their bluecam.