Pay advice for Lab "Management"

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
It sounds like the wheels are set in motion for @HygieneTech? IMO, I'd rather pursue something different like that than spend the next how many years picking at and cleaning people's teeth, even if it is more profitable. There are more creative things to do to keep daily life interesting. I'm just concerned about the labs that could be missing out on the work that is going to be kept in-house, especially if expansion and world domination are the objective..lol :)
I guess I should change and say that I’m not gonna be a lab tech . More or less running a lab with a team under me. And we are moving to do out of office work in the next few months. I have been doing in house stuff for a year and half and we have nailed it so far so we are about to accommodate our area

Does that change pay expectation?
I promise you my work would smash anything you’ll ever be able to do.

I think we all know of a great lab in Tennessee that could meet your needs exceptionally. Not cheap though. Sounds like you’ve got it all figured out though.

I think we all know of a great lab in Tennessee that could meet your needs exceptionally. Not cheap though. Sounds like you’ve got it all figured out though.
you have had 0 helpful input in this thread and all self reflection and nagging

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Relax, I have been trained well and we specialize in Kois protocols. But I do agree, labs are being thrown up everywhere and do terrible terrible work. That why my dentist opened our lab. He’s tired of getting back crap work
So, you come to a lab tech site, to find out how much you should make. And in the next breath you insult us by saying how terrible lab work is!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So, you come to a lab tech site, to find out how much you should make. And in the next breath you insult us by saying how terrible lab work is!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!
Thank you Doris, at least you had the guts to say it.

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
It was a generalization. haha. Most labs have trouble getting past the first steps in just reading a lab script

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
Thank you Doris, at least you had the guts to say it.
It was a generalization. haha. Most labs have trouble getting past the first steps in just reading a lab script

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You're really stepping in it now. Go through this thread, and you'll see a lot of incoherent scripts, let alone a lot of the other abominations labs get from Dr's.

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
If we're lucky enough to get a script!!!
This is very true! But again it's a generalization. Out of all the lab techs around the nation/world how many have exceptional work?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
This is very true! But again it's a generalization. Out of all the lab techs around the nation/world how many have exceptional work?
See my above post and link, the same can be said for Dr's.

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
You're really stepping in it now. Go through this thread, and you'll see a lot of incoherent scripts, let alone a lot of the other abominations labs get from Dr's.
Oh I dont disagree w/ you. I have seen it. But the same is seen on this end of the spectrum as well

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
See my above post and link, the same can be said for Dr's.
I agree!
But you seem
to be very knowledgeable. going back to my question
I guess I should change and say that I’m not gonna be a lab tech . More or less running a lab with a team under me. And we are moving to do out of office work in the next few months. I have been doing in house stuff for a year and half and we have nailed it so far so we are about to accommodate our area

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Since you know everything there is to know about lab work, you should already know how much to ask for in pay.
You shouldn't have to ask technicians who have anywhere from 20-50 years of TERRIBLE experience!!!

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
Since you know everything there is to know about lab work, you should already know how much to ask for in pay.
You shouldn't have to ask technicians who have anywhere from 20-50 years of TERRIBLE experience!!!
Such a salty bunch.... Did I say I knew everything there was about lab work? You got offended and I responded telling you to not take offense, yet you are still offended somehow. And yes that's what people do when they dont "know everything". They ask questions. So keep it relevant to the thread. Post your emotions to facebook.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Such a salty bunch.... Did I say I knew everything there was about lab work? You got offended and I responded telling you to not take offense, yet you are still offended somehow. And yes that's what people do when they dont "know everything". They ask questions. So keep it relevant to the thread. Post your emotions to facebook.
Hey I'm glad you're here, I'm actually going to start cleaning teeth on the side, hygienist's here do terrible work, I know I can do better with no training, but I have practiced on models. How much should I charge?

You guys remember when the DENTAL LAB NETWORK was for DENTAL LABS, not Doctors or Hygienists trying to figure out how to cut us out of the equations? Those were the days.

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
Hey I'm glad you're here, I'm actually going to start cleaning teeth on the side, hygienist's here do terrible work, I know I can do better with no training, but I have practiced on models. How much should I charge?

You guys remember when the DENTAL LAB NETWORK was for DENTAL LABS, not Doctors or Hygienists trying to figure out how to cut us out of the equations? Those were t

You guys remember when the DENTAL LAB NETWORK was for DENTAL LABS, not Doctors or Hygienists trying to figure out how to cut us out of the equations? Those were the days.
hahaha I have been trained and been working in a lab for over a year now. I like how all of you act as if im directly attacking you. Hey there are absolutely terrible hygienist in the world that I would not let into my mouth. Whats your point?
but also thats the good and bad thing about lab work. You dont really have to go to school for it hahaha. I bet you would ake a great hygienist. go for it

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Like others said, you are way better doing Hygiene than the lab part of the work.
Even if you have a team of people working for you.
Not sure about Nashville market , But Hygienists are really hard to find and in demand and I'm sure you could get a better opportunity if you switched clinics.

It's funny how everyone want's to be a tech all of a sudden.

I get it, cut on the "middle man" but be careful what you wish for.
It's not that easy.

But if you insist on doing both. I would say that you should at least ask for $80-100K.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Another one for the books :)

I'm outa here Vroam

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score

you have had 0 helpful input in this thread and all self reflection and nagging
I agree. I have been. I’m just being direct

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
Like others said, you are way better doing Hygiene than the lab part of the work.
Even if you have a team of people working for you.
Not sure about Nashville market , But Hygienists are really hard to find and in demand and I'm sure you could get a better opportunity if you switched clinics.

It's funny how everyone want's to be a tech all of a sudden.

I get it, cut on the "middle man" but be careful what you wish for.
It's not that easy.

But if you insist on doing both. I would say that you should at least ask for $80-100K.
I totally understand haha!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.