Partial ?

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Hey guys I just received the case back from one of my doctors today it's a lower partial we did it in acrylic he said it supposed to be in flexiilyte

On his original prescription he asked for acrylic and listen I'm going to redo the casing and get it right for him
I think more of my question is for you removable techs im mainly a fixed technician
what would make a doctor prescribe flexlyte over acrylic just trying to educate myself a little further

Attachments

• FB01EA1B-7481-4D8F-A1E6-F3D5036070AA.jpeg
    FB01EA1B-7481-4D8F-A1E6-F3D5036070AA.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 109061D5-4C2E-4D47-8D7D-6071DC474FDE.jpeg
    109061D5-4C2E-4D47-8D7D-6071DC474FDE.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 32
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Flexible partial versus acrylic/flipper partial
Sounds like after getting a acrylic flipper (Temporary Treatment Partial Denture) the Doc changed his mind and now wants a flexible partial denture. In my lab, not a problem, but it's going to be a full charge.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Why would a doc insist on flexiyte over acrylic

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Why would a doc insist on flexiyte over acrylic
Better retention, less chance of breakage, smoother feeling to patient. However, that's all an opinion and not necessarily mine. Some cases it works great for, others a flipper would work better...more of a question to ask your Doc than us.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Just called
Waiting for answer -

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
He wants more retention with clasps.
Patient goes "OMG, I don't want metal showing."
Dr. says "Not to worry, we have Wonder Flex".
You say "Well crap."
And it goes down hill in 12 months when a tooth pops out.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
He wants more retention with clasps.
Patient goes "OMG, I don't want metal showing."
Dr. says "Not to worry, we have Wonder Flex".
You say "Well crap."
And it goes down hill in 12 months when a tooth pops out.
That's why we make hard acrylic partials with Hot shot elite flexible clasps.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hey guys I just received the case back from one of my doctors today it's a lower partial we did it in acrylic he said it supposed to be in flexiilyte

On his original prescription he asked for acrylic and listen I'm going to redo the casing and get it right for him
I think more of my question is for you removable techs im mainly a fixed technician
what would make a doctor prescribe flexlyte over acrylic just trying to educate myself a little further
1- I am thinking all acrylic could break and also not knowing wether it was an immediate one after extraction or not.
2-I do not see claps on this but if patient needed clasp it might show and adhesive might not be his best option.
3- patient changed his mind and want something that is unbreakable .
4- Dr gave patient discount on a permanent partial.
Full price and I do not see why there should be any discount.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
That's why we make hard acrylic partials with Hot shot elite flexible clasps.
Which presents its own set of problems. I always tell my clients implants/ attachments ARE the esthetic option.
Then when the "They don't have the money" reply happens, then we go to "Option B". Keeps it in context instead of some kind of super RPD, off the shelf, upgrade solution.

The major benefit of a flexible is not "esthetic clasps", but a flexible major connector. But as far as OP, this case is good to go if it had SS clasps. Flexible clasps are gonna be tough for this case because there's not much HOC. If Full flexible, better be one of the more rigid. Don't use a nylon.

🪙 🪙

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Which presents its own set of problems. I always tell my clients implants/ attachments ARE the esthetic option.
Then when the "They don't have the money" reply happens, then we go to "Option B". Keeps it in context instead of some kind of super RPD, off the shelf, upgrade solution.

The major benefit of a flexible is not "esthetic clasps", but a flexible major connector. But as far as OP, this case is good to go if it had SS clasps. Flexible clasps are gonna be tough for this case because there's not much HOC. If Full flexible, better be one of the more rigid. Don't use a nylon.

🪙 🪙
This case would be perfect for hard acrylic with flexible clasps. We bring the clasp out of the denture tooth beside the tooth to be clasped.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Oh I know. But like I said, mechanical retention with acetals have there own issues. And you still have HOC problems for retention. This ones gonna need lobster claws.

Nathan Ardelean

Nathan Ardelean

Reaction score
Oh I know. But like I said, mechanical retention with acetals have there own issues. And you still have HOC problems for retention. This ones gonna need lobster claws.
"lobster claws" yes! that's so true 😆😆