Opinions on Valplast System

G

Gman

Reaction score
I am thinking of purchasing the Valplast system. Dentist seem to identify with the valplast name and think of substitions as a cheap reproduction. What' s your opinion? The system cost around 7K new. That is a large investment in a name if another product is just as good.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Are you asking about the injection system itself (press & oven) or more concerned about material.

I ask because most "systems" are interchangeable with other materials. For instance you can buy a cheaper injection "system" and still use Valplast material.

I've still got a manual hand cranked press and oven set up that I bought from Nobilium 5 years ago that we inject 40-50 units a month with. Can inject Valplast, TCS, & Duraflex and I gave like $1800 for it back then.

You should definetly check out the TCS unit and Myerson's Flexpress. They are both sweet.

G

Gman

Reaction score
I was speaking about the Valplast injection system. I am considering entering the flexible removable arena for the first time. I was not aware that materials were interchangeable. I appreciate the info and I will definitely look into the Myerson and TCS units. I was reading in an earlier post in the differences of the materials and found that info very useful. Thanks again

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
In regards to material my experience has been that TCS & Duraflex are alot easier to work with. Some will argue this I'm sure but for what ever reason I seam to have alot less issue's with them then Valplast. Issue's meaning mainly miscasts. I find adjusting and polishing easier aswell. Just my 2cents, but I definetly wouldn't get hung up on the "name" Valplast. I have come across very few accounts that insist on having Valplast most just want a flexible partial.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I too find the Myerson very easy to work with. The Flexpress is great too. As far as names go....Valplast has just done a very good job of branding. Docs will just ask for whatever name they are familiar with. I have rebased a bunch of old Valplast and Flexite partials using Duraflex and everyone was quite satisfied.

oaktra

oaktra

Reaction score
I have had valplast and Frs in the lab, no trouble with the frs, I hate the valplast material. I would look closely at the tcs if I was going to invest in another system.

Top Bottom