Opal e-max

L

labwoman

Reaction score
I just saw some pictures of the new opal e-max, anybody know about this. It look great has any asked or is using this product. Lets discuss where would you use it on the anteriors only or all over. If anyone is using what are the results?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Their not out yet.

Supposed to be an Oct release but HT was a few months coming out.

My guess they will mostly be used for veneers.

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
I was told the new opal EMAX is the in between shade of lt and ht and will only have 4 or 5 shades like mo

doug

doug

Reaction score
Matt Roberts on FB said from BL-1 to B-1...Opal

user name

user name

Reaction score
What Ive been told: It has some opal qualities, opacity is between lt and ht, and is used on selecting 'value' rather than hue, and is stained or lightly adjusted with powders. Not dissimilar to the theory behind ivoclars inline 'one'. BTW... Just did a six unit upper ant. bridge with 'One'. So easy and believe it or not, NICE. Didnt tell Dr. there was any change in material, but got a courtesy call saying "that was nice", pt. loved it. Almost seems like I cheated.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
I was at an e.max course last week in sydney with Jurgen seger. he had all the ingots as well as a pressed O1 veneer. i think 01 is veneer focused with minimal prep, and O2 veneer/crown possibly.

Anyway the veneer looked impressive. it was almost like i would imagine a feldspathic made entirely of and OE3 or OE4 material would look like. im guessing a stain over the cervical was needed though. He didn't share too much info on characterisation. Apparently the Impulso O1 ingot sits above the HT with mainly incisal focus.
Impulse O2 sits between HT and LT so it can offer deeper reflective characteristics with maybe layering thinly over the whole veneer with ceram.

one interesting thing was a photo they showed with every ND stump with an O1 veneer over the top of them. the shades hardly changed from one to another.

e.max cad-on is also a new thing on the horizon which looks quite good. sixonice may be able to correct me on anything.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Done loads of emax cad stuff over the past 2 years with our inlab unit.

The LT is much nicer than the pressed LT, i would say LT cad sits inbetween the pressed LT and HT.

HT in the CAD is to translucent in my opinion so its like the CAD is half a notch higher in its translucency than pressed. This applies to the MO also.

Im expecting the new OPAL pressed to be like LT CAD, or MT if you like, but we shall see.