NT-Trading mod

M

macminn

Reaction score
We just started doing these hybrid, zirconia/titanium abutments with the NT-Trading parts. So far so good. We just got a case in that the angulation isn't the best, so I'd like to modify the NT base. Is this possible? And if so, how would I mill the zirconia part to fit the modified NT part?
I'm using Exocad.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Just scan it as a regular prep.

Cut the Ti as needed.

I never use the stupid scan bodys for Ti-interface cases. Only for bars and screw retained bridges.

We always just scan the actual Ti interface because 90% of the time, we have to modify it anyways.

FYI, the latest exocad update allows screw-channel to be at angle. :D

M

macminn

Reaction score
Primus,

I was wondering if you could do that. So if I want to do a hybrid abutment, how do I design the zirconia part? Remember, I've only done a couple of them.

And how do I scan the Ti interface by itself?

Thanks much, I appreciate the help.

Cut the Ti as needed.

I never use the stupid scan bodys for Ti-interface cases. Only for bars and screw retained bridges.

We always just scan the actual Ti interface because 90% of the time, we have to modify it anyways.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
FYI, the latest exocad update allows screw-channel to be at angle. :D[/QUOTE]

Is this update out ?

Pete

M

macminn

Reaction score
This is a cement retained crown, can't figure out how to scan just the Ti interface.

Cut the Ti as needed.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
scanbodies allows you to do abutments and 4-5 unit bridges in one modellation depending on the accuracy off the scanbodies.You have more options if you save the abutments as slm after that its one objekt !!!! and you have more options with freeforming because during the modellation the objekt is build of a lot geometric forms and only some are changeable. save the abutment as slm after that in the submenu with the rigt mouse do the changing s with freeform smoother, supersmoother whatever only the min.thickness is the limit but secure its possible to create undercuts.save the abutment an start the wizzard again an create the crown or bridge.If you mill in your lab it saves a lot of time but it works only with ti bases with a nodge.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
This is a cement retained crown, can't figure out how to scan just the Ti interface.

Spray the interface, tell the software it's a 'prep' and then scan it like a regular die. Design the crown on top of it and then use an attachment to remove a screw hole.

Top Bottom