NT trading bases/settings

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
John

On my EZ Mill and Master Mill there is a slider for abutment.

on my v1.0.30 cam software for the EZ mill it is called Oversize of abutment fits 0 to -25

and on my Master Mill v5.6.35 Cam Software I have Oversize sliders for:

Cavity -0.100mm to 0.100mm
Drillings -0.100mm to 0.100mm
Model Fitting -0.100mm to 0.100mm

And I can make each slider different for all the different materials, so my ZR drillings can be .005 while my PMMA Drillings are .010. Does the Weiland software have anything like this in the Settings? I learned the hard way took me at least 5-6 tries to get my ZR dialed in and still in 3Shape I had to increase the screw hole size by .04 when I was milling my ZR abutments on the EZ Mill, cause my interface would fit great but the screw hole would be too small and I would have to grind it open before I cemented the interface. But on my Master mill v5 software I don't have to increase the screw hole size in 3shape anymore, I just dialed my CAM Drillings setting and I get great fit on my Glidewell Library and the screw drops all the way through.[/quote

Its called offset every cam can do this if its not closed. Inside ,outside at the margin depending how surface can be controlled .Pmma burs are sharp zirkon not after some milling's the cutting performance goes down because the cut loose sharpness. So John open your advance version inside milling finish an offset or painter and a another milling step very simple.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

THANK YOU

I don't readily see what you are referring to as I feel I know the software pretty good but let me investigate.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
John on ti interfaces theirs no possibility (crack maybe) to work with spacer in the cad software its closed on crown s and bridge you can do this/ spacer) to make them fit better or less.If you work with the nt base with zi its milled 30 my bigger than the base is for the cement gap. why 30 my cement gap is needed to cement an has the best results in bonding but you cant see that its in the software included from nt.This funktion is closed bigger gaps are counterproductive.Milling pmma is not so easy than millig zi the bases are made for zi !!!! So you have to make some adaptions you cant create a spacer in the cad software the spacer for pmma is higher than for zi the only way is to mill the part from inside a little bit more and thats what you do with the offset you can mill more ore less. therefore the slide control by your normal cam thats maybe although on the computer but only for abutments theres a slide control in some brands EZ mill they made the sliders although for other things. It doesent mater if you create a spacer in the cad or in the cam the only difference if you create it in the cam your objekt is for example inside 50 my less however the walls are thinner .The performance of the burs milling pmma worsen fast for that you can make roughing with an older bur an finishing with a new after some time you take the finishing for roughing and a new once for finishing.The second way is milling two times inside (finishing ) compensate lost cutting performance.Hope it helps

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Just scan the interface as a prep....forget the stupid NT Trading scan-markers for Glue-To interface.

Now you can change the shape of Ti interface if/when needed and are free to buy interface from anywhere. Not locked into One supplier.

Nothing is gained by using scan marker IMO John. Only loose precision fit (as you are finding out on your own)

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
Hi John and Shane-
We are still pending FDA approval and will be a few months.
Now a question for the group - does anyone have interest in a chrome cobalt bases to either laser weld or cast too?

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Hi John and Shane-
We are still pending FDA approval and will be a few months.
Now a question for the group - does anyone have interest in a chrome cobalt bases to either laser weld or cast too?

so the ti bases aren't the same as the multi-unit bases for FDA approval?

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Are the Dess ti bases comparable to NT trading prices here in the US and when do they expect for the FDA clearance with them?

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
All of the ti bases are the same regarding FDA approval.
FYI - when you go through FDA approval every part that you want to offer has to be FDA approved
Something to consider when dealing with clone manufactures is asking them for their FDA approval on that specific part

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
Are the Dess ti bases comparable to NT trading prices here in the US and when do they expect for the FDA clearance with them?
Our price is $39 each with a screw and wax up sleeve, tolerances and fit exceed implant manufacturers specification, also look a the design of our ti bases with the sandblasted surface treatment on it which eliminates your need to sandblast and possibly altering the ti base - sorry I do not mean to be a sales guy but you asked for the price but you need to consider the quality of the components since that is where the differences are significant.
Also non engaging and our multiunit ti base is one piece.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I was gonna say change your shrinking ratio in your strategy, but I am guessing your PMMA strategies don't allow for that, which makes sense. So tell the machine your milling zirconia. Create a zirconia strategy but change the tools to your PMMA tool numbers and adjust the shrinkage percentage from 20ish% to .05ish% and try to dial it in. Of course this is assuming your using a software that allows for custom strats...

I disagree with you here Marcus....the spindle speed for Zr is way too high for PMMA.

It will pretty much just melt the PMMA at the higher rate of RPM for the tools.

John, are you using carbide or diamond tools? This will have an effect on milling

as well. Carbide tools should be used for PMMA along with slower RPM's compared

to Zr.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
So John...did you ever get it figured out for PMMA?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
HI Kent,

Yes i have PMMA down now, we changed the strat to use a different pattern in how it cut cavities, We also changed the feed rate and rpm to slow things down a bit.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
So I was right. Sorry I didn't see the post last year....or I could have helped. Haha.

Top Bottom