Ney Cerampress QEX

Bedrock

Bedrock

Reaction score
Anyone using this oven to press Emax? If you dont mind, I would like to talk to someone to try and figure out some issues im having. Thanks, Eric

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I used it for awhile but honestly i got inconsistent results. The QEX only uses time and temperature where the Ivoclar EP5000 uses time, temp and back pressure. After switching to the EP I have had zero mis presses and very light reaction layer. Sorry I could not be more assistance.

Bedrock

Bedrock

Reaction score
hmmm, who wants a cerampress QEX??????????????

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
We have QEX as well...it's a POS! Frickin Dentsply i swear if i ever see that sales man again i'm gonna run him the hell out of our lab so fast.

I swear if my credit wasn't #@$% from refinancing my damn negative equity house...i'd have bought my own EP5000 a year ago.

Doesn't a EP press in nm/min. In other words, distance per minute. Where other ovens just have a set pressure and the plunger will constantly apply the amount of pressure(i.e. 80psi) for the amount of time you program into the cycle.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Eric, I guess your saying Ney/Dentsply hasn't been any help ? If your planning on using this oven, calibrate your oven and use the setting Ney gave you and post your results here on DT with picture/setting etc. I bet someone here can help dial in better pressing/ hopefully!
I also have the ep5000....this Oct will be 3 years with 100% success pressing emax, and my warranty runs out.

Charles

Last edited:
Bedrock

Bedrock

Reaction score
Good idea, I will make time soon and take some photos and put on here. I used there recomended settings and have had 50/50 success, short pressings, then full press, then short, raised temp. and hold temp at different attempts, there trying to help. I was told by them, it is a self calibrating oven. It fires porc. fine. thanks again.

C

charles007

Reaction score
From your words, it sounds as if you haven't calibrated !! Find out how to calibrate. If nothing else, fire silver at a slow rate of climb and see what temp it melts .

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Good luck! I purchased a centurion qex and cerampress qex when I first opened. Those POS cost me so much time and money. I thought you were supposed to stain PFMs lol. Got an EP 5000 about 4 yes ago and run that sucker non stop all day with zero issues. Liked it so much I purchased a P500 and can not believe the difference in the way the porcelain looks. I could go on for pages with the issues I had with dentsply and Compartis ........ Sorry I just puked in my mouth a little bit...

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"I could go on for pages with the issues I had with dentsply and Compartis ........ Sorry I just puked in my mouth a little bit... "

why dosent that suprise me.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Eric, I maybe wrong, I can't think of one lab that's had success using Ney ovens with Emax. ........If I'm wrong, someone will post something soon. Don't hold your breath :D
If your serious about using emax, I would talk with your Ivoclar rep and try to pick up a demo 3000 or 5000. Second choice if money is an issue, Pro Press 200. Second choice or first choice is the Zubler....presses faster with no reaction layer...... You will be happier with any of these choices.
Several techs including me have pressed emax for years using Ivoclar ovens without having any mis presses......that speaks volumes........

Bedrock

Bedrock

Reaction score
Thank you all, very helpfull, I am in search of a new oven now. Time for some research. I wonder if I could sell the QEX, anybody???????

Bedrock

Bedrock

Reaction score
I glaze, opaque, and attempt emax in mine, I did have another succesfull press today.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Hey Bedrock, are you following the 10mm rule, pg20 in manual? I believe that was the cause of my early failures.
I press with a Pentron Optimal AutoPress, from 1996. It is a Ney oven,
Pre QEX. And pre Dentsply!
Good luck.

Bedrock

Bedrock

Reaction score
PS, I have been trying to be mindfull of that. Thanks

Bedrock

Bedrock

Reaction score
Should be getting the EP3000 soon, that should take care of any problems. Thanks everyone.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Oh man you are gonna love it! Congrats! I also fire my emax, Bruxzir, VM-9 and crystalize Emax blue block in mine. Seriously accurate workhorse!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Chattanooga. Not too far off.

Bedrock

Bedrock

Reaction score
Christmas in August,,,kinda,,,im santa and the EP3000 should be here next week.