New Imes-Icore 350I

Omar B. Hansson

Omar B. Hansson

Reaction score
Is anybody using know the Imes 350I?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
from what i hear, quite a few and all have the puck changer. I think you can call CAP For more info. I wanted to go look at theirs, but apparently they keep selling their in-house unit and finally got it like a few weeks ago.

Will be going up to check it out soon - i only hear great things about the mill - and none of the hassle that comes with HAAS either

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We are operating one in our milling center. So far really nice. Have used it on both Zirconia and milling titanium abutments.
Dont know what you are doing this Saturday, we are having an open house milling center followed by an Oktoberfest party.

Omar B. Hansson

Omar B. Hansson

Reaction score
We are operating one in our milling center. So far really nice. Have used it on both Zirconia and milling titanium abutments.
Dont know what you are doing this Saturday, we are having an open house milling center followed by an Oktoberfest party.
Many thank Bob. I am her in Reykjavik/Iceland unfortunately I can not attend the party. We are looking into a new machine her and wanted some comment on this machine. How dose it mill Emax?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Honestly, we have not milled e.max on the 350i. We are milling e.max on both the 250i and the AG Motion 2. Just another opinion, milling e.max is not a great business model from a production perspective. If you need to do one offs it works fine. Cost of blue block and tools make it much more costly than pressing.
Too bad about not making the party, We are just across the pond:) We will be running production on about 5 or 6 different mills, demoing a bunch of 3Shape and Exocad CAD including the new implant studio.
Everyone is welcome.

Omar B. Hansson

Omar B. Hansson

Reaction score
Honestly, we have not milled e.max on the 350i. We are milling e.max on both the 250i and the AG Motion 2. Just another opinion, milling e.max is not a great business model from a production perspective. If you need to do one offs it works fine. Cost of blue block and tools make it much more costly than pressing.
Too bad about not making the party, We are just across the pond:) We will be running production on about 5 or 6 different mills, demoing a bunch of 3Shape and Exocad CAD including the new implant studio.
Everyone is welcome.
How is the Imes 250i doing? That should give us some idea?
I know this is not good business at all. We mill wax and press. Also the cubx2 is excellent. I am really impress with that material.
But I am looking into machine to mill metal and soft material. I will stop by when I cross the pond;)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
The 250 was not built for metal. It works really well for Zirconia.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Many thank Bob. I am her in Reykjavik/Iceland unfortunately I can not attend the party. We are looking into a new machine her and wanted some comment on this machine. How dose it mill Emax?
my fav vodka comes from there! (Reyka)

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
We have been running the 350i for over a year now and it is the go to machine for our complex cases, we have it in our dry milling center now but have previously run lots of abutments and high angulation bars in the past for testing. Now it is our primary machine on full arch screw retained pmma, and zirconia and seems to be very good at most every weird material as we run lots of research parts through it. Also run some models with it as well. I will try to post a few more videos after we get in the next one so I don't slow up production while filming. Trying to clear a space in the 550 milling room.

Omar B. Hansson

Omar B. Hansson

Reaction score
We have been running the 350i for over a year now and it is the go to machine for our complex cases, we have it in our dry milling center now but have previously run lots of abutments and high angulation bars in the past for testing. Now it is our primary machine on full arch screw retained pmma, and zirconia and seems to be very good at most every weird material as we run lots of research parts through it. Also run some models with it as well. I will try to post a few more videos after we get in the next one so I don't slow up production while filming. Trying to clear a space in the 550 milling room.
It is good to hear that it good machine. I am on my way to germany to take closer look at.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

What is the biggest milling angle this mill can do Rej?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

What is the biggest milling angle this mill can do Rej?

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
It is currently recommended for 30 degrees in both A and B dynamically with a disc (pretty conservative) but in reality the A is rotary and the b can move from something like -30 to 120 meaning that the dynamics are more like a roeders or Mikron where it can do machining with the B at 9O with those types of strategies and of course fixtures that won't get in the way. We are developing some fixtures for certain types of parts like that for doing the undercuts that way so in essence it is just normal rest milling. Personally I think I have done implant bars in that exceed any recommended angulation that fit, something around 37 degrees angle on the channel.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Another aspect what gets often overlooked is Z travel...for most dental mills taking full advantage of the rotary axii freedom only applies to a reduced area around the center of the rotation (disk)...

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
You are correct the way I envision it is that the 350i has its zero point essentially in the center of a sphere and could therefore reach pretty much any point in said sphere as long as the fixture is not in the way. it has virtually unlimited range of motion in that regard so very complex parts can be made. Some machines have a kinematic setup where the angulation moves the part outside of a limit of its machining area. Seems like the only limit I found with the 350 may be that if you used really different tools that it may interfere with the stock ATC sequence.

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
Rej

The question that so many of us wonder is whether capable (with confidence) to mill metal every day, bars, full screw retained structures, long spam bridges, ... What is your thought after one year? Thanks.

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
We have not had problems doing it for a year which is all the data we can collect since it it is still relatively new. It is our machine of choice on all full arch screw retained and long span high angulation cases. I believe the only service we did was unrelated and was that the safety door switch needed replacing(often times we have additional changes as we get the machines in a bit of a beta mode as a large dealer, where the parts are not from mass production). Now of course there is idea that if you had HUGE amounts of metal all day a machine like the forthcoming 650i would be better suited since it has larger parts and spindle, therefore is more geared towards very heavy metal production. That being said we have run ours a year, cut all kinds of work, intentionally abused it to try to cause failures so we would know what customers would see and we do extremely complex work and heavy volume. When it came in to test the notion that it would have problems without thorough cleaning between wet and dry I intentionally cut cycles with ti bars(wet) and full arch bridges(dry) on the auto loading and had no problem. I'm sure having all the the coolant milky with the zirconia dust didn't optimize tool wear but we had no trouble mechanically from the machine.
I think it can can run without issue for many years if serviced well and used responsibly. If you need to go much more aggressively just opt for a 650i if it is exclusively metal. But if you do a ROI calculation like I run the numbers usually get pretty nuts on how much machining can be afforded vs outsourcing the expensive parts. I've personally had the machine loader full of more cases than the cost of the machine.
I guess bottom line is that I have not been able to stop it yet, have run lots of everything you can imagine, and have people that can fix the machine, so if it does need service after making back at least 10x the investment I'm not too heartbroken. My theory is that I try to get even on all the machines as soon as possible and then run them forever and so far the 350 seems like one of the best purchases for that(I think payback was under a month on parts machined in dollars). It is also a really great machine to add to labs that already have some milling as it can serve as an overflow metal mill or complex zirconia mill, etc.

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
Thank you, Rej. You have cleared my doubts. Really i have not a big amount of metal, but most of them are circular screw retained and bars. I have a DWX50 and think that this 350 fits in my lab. Besides, the dealer is 30 min. from my door...

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
...My theory is that I try to get even on all the machines as soon as possible and then run them forever and so far the 350 seems like one of the best purchases for that(I think payback was under a month on parts machined in dollars). It is also a really great machine to add to labs that already have some milling as it can serve as an overflow metal mill or complex zirconia mill, etc.

It's hard for me to believe that you milled enough parts in less than a month to pay for it.

You'd have to cut more than 3 bars a day on it and sell them for $1000 a piece. That's not taking

into account tools and stock you'd consume. Just saying that the math seems a

little far fetched. I do believe you could pay it off in 2 months or less working 8 hour days.

Top Bottom