Roland DWX with Loader Disc thickness > 35 mm. ???

D

Dentaco

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me whether the DWX-53DC or DWX-52DCi can also mill a disc with a thickness of 40 mm. The DWX-52DC machine can mill discs up to 60 mm thick. Maybe the machines with changer can mill a disc with more than 35 mm with manual change.
I have found data sheets in which 40mm and 60mm are specified for the machines with changer.
It would be nice if someone could give me some reliable information.

Übersetzt mit DeepL (https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation)

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
52DC was even struggling with 22mm PMMA when the insertion directions were with severe degrees. DCi is the exact same machine.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
as Schlaumeier scroll down and look which phone number you find in the web under the address or use mail . And yes all have different heights due to different kinematics vs blankholder

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
we mill a 30mm with the 53dc all the time, but have yet to try anything thicker...we also havent had the need, though we have been close!

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
52dci's disc changer currently struggles mightily with heavier discs, even if it can physically change a 60mm (which I'm doubtful of, in terms of clearances, I don't think the compartment flap is even that tall) it'll quickly lose alignment/calibration and the changer arm will sag. They made some structural changer parts out of sheet metal, and they should have gone with something much sturdier, because it isn't really up to snuff for very heavy discs.