Need help!!

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been in the dental lab for 15 months now and i love it. Its become a passion for me. Im currently doing plaster work, (pouring,trimming,articulating,processing etc. ) I feel like I can do my job with my eyes closed now. I haven't had any REDO's in about 13 months (Processing) However I want to learn more. Currently in the state i live in, there is no lab schools here so Im learning on the job, very small removable lab. So I was curious to see if i should purchase this book called, "Basics of Dental Technology: A Step By Step Approach". to further my knowledge to say. I'm highly interested in learning removables. I feel like this is my calling. May sound funny but its true.

Any input is great.

Thank you in advance

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I would love to have someone with your passion work with me! Other than model work, do you have any experience with making fixed crown and bridge or removables?
I don't know that book. But I'd say find a waxer and practice waxing single crowns or doing setups on your own time. And do it a lot! Do that and mimick what you see from awesome techs online.
Then realize you want to work for me doing crowns!!:)

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
@RileyS , I don't have any experience in set ups, I'm in the process of making a homemade Bunsen burner lol and buying some wax and teeth . To try and just mess around setting teeth. I'm so hooked on DLN I'm just absorbing all the great information. Thank you for your input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been in the dental lab for 15 months now and i love it. Its become a passion for me. Im currently doing plaster work, (pouring,trimming,articulating,processing etc. ) I feel like I can do my job with my eyes closed now. I haven't had any REDO's in about 13 months (Processing) However I want to learn more. Currently in the state i live in, there is no lab schools here so Im learning on the job, very small removable lab. So I was curious to see if i should purchase this book called, "Basics of Dental Technology: A Step By Step Approach". to further my knowledge to say. I'm highly interested in learning removables. I feel like this is my calling. May sound funny but its true.

Any input is great.

Thank you in advance
I looked it up on Amazon.
Yes, I think it would be a good starting point.

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
@ kcdt thank you

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
@RileyS , I don't have any experience in set ups, I'm in the process of making a homemade Bunsen burner lol and buying some wax and teeth . To try and just mess around setting teeth. I'm so hooked on DLN I'm just absorbing all the great information. Thank you for your input

Search laboratory burner on Amazon, it's much safer than something homemade. They're only $50.

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
@ Doris A, I will look into it . Thank you

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Any input is great.

Thank you in advance
looks like a decent starter book for you

and i am in agreement, dont build a bunsen burner. heck i prob have an extra one ill mail to you if youd like(no charge). let me know!

heathergrey

heathergrey

Reaction score
Hello!

I have the book you mentioned and I, personally, don't find it useful - it has a lot of information about fabricating cast metal framework (which isn't in my job description and I have no interest in). I've found the most helpful books for removables are:

- Removable Prosthodontic Techniques by John B. Sowter, DDS
http://amzn.com/0807841668

- Dental Laboratory Air Force Manual
http://amzn.com/B0030T1EH6

There's also a really good book put together by Ivoclar Vivadent on Removables but I got it at a CE course a couple years ago, not available for purchase I don't think. If you're really interested I might be able to find a way to copy it and send it to you. :)

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
@heathergrey I would love a copy if and whenever you have a chance to copy. I'll scan send a pre paid label via email and send you some money via PayPal to cover copying charges and your time :) thank you in advance .

@rcamarena38 I would love a copy of the link if you don't mind, anything right now is very very helpful, thanks again

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
@heathergrey I would love a copy if and whenever you have a chance to copy. I'll scan send a pre paid label via email and send you some money via PayPal to cover copying charges and your time :) thank you in advance .

@rcamarena38 I would love a copy of the link if you don't mind, anything right now is very very helpful, thanks again

Absolutely buddy. I will send it to you. It's easy to print. I don't suggest doing this off a home printer. It's a lot of paper but it's essential

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
52f9931edc7bc2ce1dea53f21aca1e11.jpg

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
Share it or do whatever with it man. It's awesome! Foundation for every tech

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
@rcamarena38 do you have the links available ? It won't allow me to click since it's a picture and its hyperlinked :) thanks

Top Bottom