Need help with 3shape

B

Baerinmom

Reaction score
Hi My name is Sean.
i bought a new computer and installed 3shape and I'm going to use this computer for scanning and design. what I'm trying to do it is add an extra computer for design.
i install everything on both computer and setup.

^ from this pic when i press test connection button
couldn't find the new computer.

new computer os is win 8 with 3shape dongle and scanner
second computer os is win7

is it because of different os makes trouble w connecting together? or something else cause the problem
please help me out with this

Thank you.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Install 3shape on the second PC as a network client and not as a stand alone. And make sure the Main PC with the Scanner is installed as a server. Do the Server first then the Network client. Do you only have one scanner?

T

taki

Reaction score
Hi Sean, you must first ensure that both PCs are connected in the local network and able to communicate. Restart both PCs. Then you may install Dental System as Sevan described above, or if it is to install DD as a stand alone you must "point out" in the second PC's DD installation where the dongle is connected. Also you have to define a common SQL data base in 3Shape Dental System Control Panel\ General settings so you can see the same dental manager database from both PCs. You may ask your local 3Shape supporter to assist you.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Why does everyone pay their license fees, yet ask questions on here... ? This is the #1 asked 3shape question on this forum.Hmmmm2