Music in the Lab

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Paul Oakenfold, isn't he Mike Oakenfield's cousin :D

Hadn't heard of him 'till right now.

I'd really prefer to keep chatting, but I've 4 cases still to finish before I can go home, and a few coming in tomorrow for same day schtuff. Everyone wants teeth for their 4th of July gatherings before the majority of the offices close for the week, and calendars only tell you a week at a time what they say...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Good for day long play and leaving the PC alone while staying in the zone.

6hrs

Same idea as above but with 2 more hours.
8hrs

Google Play, Spotify etc also do a wonderful job in filling a 8-12-16 hour day.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hadn't heard of him 'till right now.

I'd really prefer to keep chatting, but I've 4 cases still to finish before I can go home, and a few coming in tomorrow for same day schtuff. Everyone wants teeth for their 4th of July gatherings before the majority of the offices close for the week, and calendars only tell you a week at a time what they say...

No problem, I needed to get home and get some sleep, so I could get up early for this mornings work. I enjoyed our little back and forth, too, as I had never heard of Paul Oakenfold until you posted the video. It was nice to know and hear someone new :)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Adding to our long music composition posts here, I like Quadrophenia better than Tommy, which may not be a fair judgement on my part since I've never listened to Tommy all the way through.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Good call, 2th. I was thinking about that, too. Something by Pink Floyd needed to be added to this theme, composition direction we got into. (what ever those type of albums/CDs are called?)

Last edited:
nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Compilation [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
No problem, I needed to get home and get some sleep, so I could get up early for this mornings work. I enjoyed our little back and forth, too, as I had never heard of Paul Oakenfold until you posted the video. It was nice to know and hear someone new :)
Sleep? aaaaah. I went home at 5:20 and was back up at 7. More of a caffeine nap.

To geeks of my age there is no sound that raises your nostalgia goosebumps like the Tron theme. But Daft Punk is good list'nin, so the whole score will do nicely:

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Good call, 2th. I was thinking about that, too. Something by Pink Floyd needed to be added to this theme, composition direction we got into. (what ever those type of albums/CDs are called?)
Yeah, something not The Wall. Do the stage version one time as cast or crew and you'll never want to hear it again.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey that nice. I like the metrical reimagining, but it eats attention like a mind virus scouring for resources.

Madm a d e me think of this:http://knowyourmusic.com/radiolab-classical-music-is-a-riot/

<snip>science author Jonah Lehrer talking about the riots at the premiere of Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring. While the exact cause of the riot is disputed, Lehrer presents a physiological explanation: the part of our brain which processes new sounds was simply overwhelmed in all the listeners, and they literally became temporarily insane. The episode is a fascinating look at how we hear, and how what we hear affects us.
</snip>

Show at the link.

Last edited:
nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Yeah, something not The Wall. Do the stage version one time as cast or crew and you'll never want to hear it again.

Wish you were here. My fave.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Wish you were here. My fave.

Not denying in any way it's greatness. Just get an anaphylactic response to it sometimes now.
Kinda like the movie the kids want to watch for the 4th time every day for a month.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Sleep? aaaaah. I went home at 5:20 and was back up at 7. More of a caffeine nap.

To geeks of my age there is no sound that raises your nostalgia goosebumps like the Tron theme. But Daft Punk is good list'nin, so the whole score will do nicely:

At least I was able to get 5 hours sleep. Hope you get through your day alright :)

Or for us older geezers, this may be kinda be our version.
"I'm the operator with my pocket calculator"

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
At least I was able to get 5 hours sleep. Hope you get through your day alright :)

The day yes, see me around 11pm :) Cup a noodle and a mug of Tang and I'm good for now.
Seem to do this about once a month, left to my own devices I prefer night anyway. I concentrate better. Less external influences maybe?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

You've got New Old Stock, now we have New Old School. 80's music from this decade.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Can any of us still breakdance? In a less than literal sense?

Top Bottom