Multi ingot press technique.

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I was browsing the web trying to find multi plunger rings for the new oven that's on its way...

But found this instead...

Has anyone utilized this technique?

A New Approach to Multicolored Pressing

It seems like a lot of extra work when you can just press different rings. But I still found it interesting...

awww.oral_design.com_articles_NewApproach_NewApproach_8D.gif

Either way, where can I find lets say a 300 gram ring with two plungers? Or five?

For muti ingot pressing in our new DEKEMA 654 press-i-dent.
awww.oral_design.com_articles_NewApproach_NewApproach_8D.gif

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Could be pressed to Zirc but you never know?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
thats pretty cool, thanks for sharing.. it looks like they just cut a plunger and sandwiched 3 different ingots in there

.and after i read the article, thats exactly what they did.. wonder what the difference in the press program is...?

Last edited:
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
thats pretty cool, thanks for sharing.. it looks like they just cut a plunger and sandwiched 3 different ingots in there

.and after i read the article, thats exactly what they did.. wonder what the difference in the press program is...?
You can do this if you have an oven that lets you build multiple stage pressing programs. I have a programat 5000 and a Dekema 654 on its way, should be here next week.
I don't see the need to press two or three ingots with a single plunge. The trouble of slicing a disposable plunger with accuracy and so on seems like a lot of work just to save on a packet or two of investment. And I'm sure much more can go wrong when using the technique. So I'm still trying to figure why this is necessary?

corona

corona

Reaction score
You can do this if you have an oven that lets you build multiple stage pressing programs. I have a programat 5000 and a Dekema 654 on its way, should be here next week.
I don't see the need to press two or three ingots with a single plunge. The trouble of slicing a disposable plunger with accuracy and so on seems like a lot of work just to save on a packet or two of investment. And I'm sure much more can go wrong when using the technique. So I'm still trying to figure why this is necessary?

think about it marcus , pressing six different colors in ONE pressing . forget about the investments savings . TIME is real savings in that one my friend . It does look tricky and yes ,getting the plunger size and ingot to work it hard but if you get good at that , then that is a real time saver .

I for one have never tried it but it would be cool to know exactly how to do it without fail .

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
think about it marcus , pressing six different colors in ONE pressing . forget about the investments savings . TIME is real savings in that one my friend . It does look tricky and yes ,getting the plunger size and ingot to work it hard but if you get good at that , then that is a real time saver .

I for one have never tried it but it would be cool to know exactly how to do it without fail .

I would have thought that it would be quicker to just invest 3 separate times. I agree its an interesting technique though

griffmar79

griffmar79

Reaction score
Hardly new if it is from 2004. My guess is if it was easy and dependable we'd all be doing it by now. :p

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Way back used to work for a consulting firm doing research and development for big dental manufacturers... saw this concept back in '98-99 if memory serves right... Is very technique intensive with careful sprue placement and wax measurement...it didn't worked out as hoped... Had a special ring former to support the plunger + the sandwiched ingots/separators....

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
I guess you would weight the ingot before and after to get aproximate material used, then apply to like copings (etc). It seems like such a waste to not use the leftover ingot material. Indeed, facinating.