monotrac system

G

grabo

Reaction score
I have just purcushed monotrac system and it works fantastic ,just a couple questions ive got ...

1. Can it be reused ?
2. How do i articulate an opposing model without using the cup holder base former or another montrac base , but still use the monotrac articulator
3.Easy way to section dies without special model trimmer ,i know sawing is an option but dies tend to break at base !
Thanks in advance

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
You can reuse the hinges. If you want to reuse the bases you would need to reattach the tear away former, maybe with tape.

I use the pickup base formers when I have seperate models.

You can section the models with a large diamond disc in a lathe or hand piece. If you use a hand piece, be careful.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I sometimes use the black plastic hinges (vertex style) with the flat bases. Glue them right on the back of the monotrac. I use a big diamond disc from zahn catalog to cut them(the biggest one in there that isnt the Renfert, that one sucks)
Good luck

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Saw 1/3rd from margin towards base, then finish with a disc. Monotrac has them for $35ish?

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I've been using MONOTRAC for about six months. Just bought the starter kit that includes the saw. It works great. I highly recommend it. If you get it with the kit you save like $300 on the saw. The kit includes the bases you need to articulate to a stone opposing. As well as several other items. I also got the magnetic base kit but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
What I like is pour the models and model work is done. Top cut die with handsaw about three swipes and then finish on monosaw. Super quick. Most difficult thing I have found is keeping the holes debris free so everything seats good. But even that's not bad. Steamer works great for that. Keep working with it. All will come together.

digvijay

digvijay

Reaction score
does this monotrac system can be scanned easily too in extra oral scanners like dental wings or tizian smart scan ?

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
does this monotrac system can be scanned easily too in extra oral scanners like dental wings or tizian smart scan ?

Yes. I have a dental wings and use monotrac models daily. The fact that I can flip the modelwork so quickly has really helped the workflow in getting to the models to the scanner quicker. We did make a few different size and shape jigs out of stone so the models fit into the holder better. But that's common for most scanner model holders. We have about five or six different sizes and shapes depending on the application we are dealing with.
As to the dies on the die holder. We just build up a bit of the support clay stuff into the hole underneath. I tried making a little holder but found the clay buildup worked best.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I have just purcushed monotrac system and it works fantastic ,just a couple questions ive got ...

1. Can it be reused ?
2. How do i articulate an opposing model without using the cup holder base former or another montrac base , but still use the monotrac articulator
3.Easy way to section dies without special model trimmer ,i know sawing is an option but dies tend to break at base !
Thanks in advance

You should check out their website. Monotrac > Home. It has several videos and you can download the manuals the the differing procedures to a PDF. This will answer most if not all procedures you might deal with. I have them all on my IPAD that makes it real convienent.

digvijay

digvijay

Reaction score
thanks ejada!!! was thinking about saving model fabrication time in lab somehow !!!

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
thanks ejada!!! was thinking about saving model fabrication time in lab somehow !!!

I'm pretty sure I have tried every style of triple tray models availible. This systems is by far the best. IMO