Model Duplication Using Vacuum Form Material

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
If you are duping a blocked out model, 1st note that hydrocoloid has a melt at 90'c and that if U use wax to blockout it melts at around 60'c. Remember hydrocoloid is water based playdough is also water based, use plastilina to blockout clay http://www.****blick.com/categories...sgph07181175&gclid=CLX1rdT7-aoCFUYEQAodBSmDGA
get a probe thermometer or risk either burning your person or ruining any wax up. The hydrocoloid tends to pour safest at 44'c (around 125'f).
If you are trying to microwave it chop it up first add a midge of water and melt it in 2 or 3 levels stirring between. Then stir until the temp is what U need. bench cool at least 10 min then water pan cool until firm. If there are a lot of undercuts sometime take the material out of the flask helps & if needed U can carefully section and put it back together in the dup flask to make your model.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
elite double 22/32 all the way baby. even for duping dies for captek or electroplating. damn good stuff.

22 sets in 10 mins so best work fast!

A

altlab

Reaction score
Recycle silicone FAST shred method

We use Z-dupe (Henry Schein) purchased from Zahn Dental. EXCELLENT and no vac required and ready in about 30 min. Shockingly accurate.Shore is 15. Very soft but plenty strong; no tearing.

All silicone is expensive but adding recycled silcone makes it very reasonable -IF you can shred the silicone fast. We do a 5 gallon bucket shred in about 15 min.

And now laugh if you will ye of little faith... - get a cheap cast aluminum hand crank meat grinder (electric not tried),use its' clamp to your bench and and watch silicone fly! If the scattering pieces bother you attach a plastic bag with a twist-tie and it will bag itself. The shred size is tiny and you can adjust it with different cutters included with the grinder.The coarse cutter is PLENTY small (and fastest). A flask size chunk should be torn by hand in 4 pieces (or nip a START cut with scissors/razor if you have girly fingers-DON'T waste time cutting) and it will take 10 seconds to grind (literally -I counted)- remember it is only shore 15! Feed the pieces in as fast as there is room for them.It can be done whole if you want a workout. Hide sausage grinder and try to look like you worked hard.

I had always wanted to try this idea but didn't want to waste $25 or so but I got one used for $3 and waited until no one was about to hide my shame if unsuccessful. Exceeded my wildest expectations. I was thinking of adding the pulley/motor option but it is so fast it would be throwing perfume on the rose.

How to use recycled silicone: Mix silicone (white into blue-trust me)and pour in mold on teeth and tilt mold to wet tops of teeth. Add/ lightly push shredded silicone dry to tops of teeth and add a small amount of new silicone to wet shredded silicone. Fill with shredded silicone and add the rest of the new silicone which quickly fills the spaces and expels all air amazingly.It also works in one fill depending on thickness.Don't let the shreds touching the teeth scare you.It will look homogenous cured. Bench set 30 min and compressed air expel/pull out the model. There will be NO voids EVER.

T

tomvou

Reaction score
dear friends,
because my lab is located in Greece-in Europe- I have to suggest to all of you,to take a look at an economical system(I use it in my lab) for duplicating with silicone.
It is the flaskless system of Siladent.
Please take a look in www.Siladent.com,and there you will find details who it works.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
We also use Siladent system with a dispenser machine and a pressure chamber.
Never tried shredded silicone but maybe it is woth a try

T

tomvou

Reaction score
We also use Siladent system with a dispenser machine and a pressure chamber.
Never tried shredded silicone but maybe it is woth a try

Jorge,in my opinion, altlab's suggestion is something that it works!Please make an efford to try it!

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Zhermack 22 Elite ( fast set ). 5 min. set up. Yes it is more expensive. I have found that when you deliver a prosthesis to the doctor with no issues of
seating, fit, or occlusion problems especially doing implant cases, its priceless.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I use the same thing as Danny , it is very fast,clean, and accurate.

T

tomvou

Reaction score
Zhermack 22 Elite ( fast set ). 5 min. set up. Yes it is more expensive. I have found that when you deliver a prosthesis to the doctor with no issues of
seating, fit, or occlusion problems especially doing implant cases, its priceless.

I agree with you,droberts!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
ZERO accuracy duplicating models. But why toss it?
You can still find a use for it...
Building Implant Stents...
Cheap reduction copings...
Reference Indexes...
Ext...