Model/DIMS from Glidewell Scan Body

C

CADL

Reaction score
I have a doctor that sent me an itero scan using a glidewell scan body. Is there a way to get a printed model and digital analog without going through glidewell?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Glidewell will print you a model but unfortunately it will not have a DIM analog, their printed models are printed with the treads and interface printed. Have the Dr use a NT trading marker and sent the files to Argen, you will then need to order a DIM analog and drop it it.

But if Glidewell doesn't have DIM analogs, the answer is NO, once the files are received they still run it through model builder to align the analog for printing. You might want to call Core3D and see what they say.

I just went through all this with a doc of mine used a Implant Direct marker, not FDA approved and implant direct doesn't even have a DIM analog, so I bought the R series kit from argen for the zimmer and sent it to him so we can do the case.

C

CADL

Reaction score
This is what I found out as well.....and the Glidewell printed model will be a replica of their fabricated abutments, so you'd be forced to purchase custom abutments from them. I do recommend to all of my docs the NT trading scan bodies.

In researching this I did hear that an upcoming update from 3shape will have a universal scan marker library so we will have the ability to switch between manufacturers regardless of the scan marker used. Hope this was an accurate rumor.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
This is what I found out as well.....and the Glidewell printed model will be a replica of their fabricated abutments, so you'd be forced to purchase custom abutments from them. I do recommend to all of my docs the NT trading scan bodies.

In researching this I did hear that an upcoming update from 3shape will have a universal scan marker library so we will have the ability to switch between manufacturers regardless of the scan marker used. Hope this was an accurate rumor.

the rumor is correct, if you want to upgrade to 2015

not much info on how it works

With the definition of the global 3Shape coordinate system,
it is now possible to freely combine scan flags and libraries
from different providers as long as the specific library complies
with the 3Shape coordinate system and local regulations.
Bringing a specific library into the 3Shape coordinate
system has been made extremely easy. A new powerful
tool transforms the complete library into the correct position.

also:

http://cap-us.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/What-is-new-in-Dental-System-2015.pdf

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
keep in Mind that you will loose all of your "non" FDA approved libraries/ capabilities

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yes Andrew you can swap in the software as long as the libraries are on the 3shape coordantes. But still when you go to print the models it still needs to run through model builder even though you already did it on your end, the printing side needs to run through it as well, and if the scan wasn't done with the correct marker then they will not be able to print it. So if you swap a glidewell nobel RP to NT trading nobel RP in your 3shape and then send the file to argen, they don't have the scan markers from gliewell to swap and they won't make an exception for a single lab it is just not wise to. Best to have the doc scan the right marker from the get go.