Milling wax for e-MAX

J

JROB41784

Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone could help me out with a issue I'm having with milling my wax for e-MAX. My problem is when there milled they fit perfect,but when pressed they are loose and the margins are missing. I wanted to see if someone could let me know the parameters there running using EXO.

p.s. I use speed vest and have probably ran ever ratio known to man lol! Also I burn out at 1670 usually holding at that temp for 1hr.

email [email protected]

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
If the wax fits the die after milling, I doubt the parameters are the issue. Follow the investment ratio and mixing times as well as the recommended bench set time. Beyond that, rkm is right. Burn out seems high and can break down the investment. I do burn out a little higher than the press temp for milled wax, but then bring the temp down before pressing.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If they're loose, work on your liquid powder ratio. My ratii is 5 liquid and yhe rest distulled water. Missing margins could be sprue technique.

J

JROB41784

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot and give feedback Monday! Thanks for the info!

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Burn-out temp is definitely too high, we would recommend 1562F.

Also, look at your milling wax for resin content. Too much resin in the wax can cause issues when using a fast burnout technique. The resin content will cause the patterns to expand when exposed quickly to the high heat breaking the invesment inside the mold which could then be pushed into the margin areas. For these type of issues we would sugest using our regular PressVest and then using a long slow burnout.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I use printed resin/wax from Argen with the speed vest.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Wieland and zublers wax mills great and burns out with no issues. Try one of those if you can? Sounds like an expansion/high temp issue as well....

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
If its printed cover crowns with fin wax layer or use slow burn out programs. Have you tryed mixin liquid and watter 1:1 like for casting postcores? It will make your crowns fitting tighter just be carefull with margins, they can become slimmer in width.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I use printed resin/wax from Argen with the speed vest.

rkm rdt, as I stated it has a lot to do with the resin content of the printed "wax." The higher the resin content (harder the material) the more likely you are to have an issue. And some people seem to have more issues with it than others. If you are getting good results, that's fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing. As I tell others though, if you do start having this issue take a look at your burnout and investment. I was just at a large lab at the end of June and they are printing all of there patterns in a material that might as well be all hard resin, and having a terrible time with this cracking issue. Of course I let them know this and they indicatied that they knew what caused the issue, but changing their burnout style would not fit into their production model and would accept the fins and cracking of rings. To each there own.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
rkm rdt, as I stated it has a lot to do with the resin content of the printed "wax." The higher the resin content (harder the material) the more likely you are to have an issue. And some people seem to have more issues with it than others. If you are getting good results, that's fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing. As I tell others though, if you do start having this issue take a look at your burnout and investment. I was just at a large lab at the end of June and they are printing all of there patterns in a material that might as well be all hard resin, and having a terrible time with this cracking issue. Of course I let them know this and they indicatied that they knew what caused the issue, but changing their burnout style would not fit into their production model and would accept the fins and cracking of rings. To each there own.

Agreed, I think it's similar to using plastic attachments or runner bars with a quick burnout instead of a 2 stage.

Argen is on top of their game when it comes to the small details and quality products.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
We just scanned and milled our first wax today. I will report back with the results in the am..

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
We found a wax puck from blue dolphin products. it doesn't have resin so It is soft enough to carve or make adjustments and burns out clean. It's probably too soft to ship especially in the summer. And an added bonus, it smells like vanilla, making the mill smell nice!

S

SamanthaADS

Reaction score
We use the aesthetic press pucks too, but since we're on the east coast, we get them directly from AP. They're a little more expensive, but they carve and burn out just like our regular wax. No fit issues at all!

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
We found a wax puck from blue dolphin products. it doesn't have resin so It is soft enough to carve or make adjustments and burns out clean. It's probably too soft to ship especially in the summer. And an added bonus, it smells like vanilla, making the mill smell nice!
Nothing like a little aromatherapy in the lab!!

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
If anyone here is interested in trying a wax puck from TD Dental Supply I'll gladly send you one for FREE. Our wax burns out absolutely clean!
This offer is good in the continental U.S

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
If anyone here is interested in trying a wax puck from TD Dental Supply I'll gladly send you one for FREE. Our wax burns out absolutely clean!
This offer is good in the continental U.S
Maybe add a scent to it?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Maybe add a scent to it?

Never had any requests for scented wax. I really don't think that's a huge selling point with my current customers as we sell 1000+ pieces of wax a month.
I'll send you one FREE if you like.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
We just scanned and milled our first wax today. I will report back with the results in the am..
Scanned and Milled 4 units of Wieland Blue wax invested with Microstar burned out @1562~ (like my buddy Patrick) and they fit like a glove...

Top Bottom